The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

We all move on at some point, get some help from our members on what to buy next. Usually a monster V8 or second hand Lambo will suffice but usually the three letters M P S will be muttered......standard!
By tonyb86
Hello, does any one know of a comparison site that i could look at to see the best deals on new cars.

Basically looking at one of these for my girlfriend..

http://www.pentagon-group.co.uk/new-car ... +3dr/50161

My local dealer has offered it to us for £14500 with 5 years interest free and a years free insurance.

Seems a pretty good deal but would like to compare it with other dealers, thanks [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By EvoStu
tonyb86 wrote:Hello, does any one know of a comparison site that i could look at to see the best deals on new cars.

Basically looking at one of these for my girlfriend..

http://www.pentagon-group.co.uk/new-car ... +3dr/50161

My local dealer has offered it to us for £14500 with 5 years interest free and a years free insurance.

Seems a pretty good deal but would like to compare it with other dealers, thanks [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
You can't be serious? Really?

That's ridiculous money for a Corsa. You can pick up a Fabia vRS demo for £12.5K with less than 2000 miles on it.

Why buy a brand spanking new car? demo or 1 year old used bargain FTW!
We've looked into a used one ( around the 10k ) but on the new one you get a years free insurance ( instant £500-600 saving in the fist year). And can only get the 0% finance on a new one ( another £1500-2000 saving ) + she wants a the newest car poss so its hassle free and needs to last her. We looked at the fiesta 1.6 tdci zetec S + the citroen DS but they had no finance deals and were 16k plus.
tonyb86 wrote:
karl wrote:you could buy an R32 Golf or a 335i for that money
I know. The whole point is to try and save her a bit of money though :lol:
Saving money + buying new car = something not quite adding up. :scratch: :lol:
smartie wrote:
tonyb86 wrote:
Again i've had this argument with her. She currently has an import mx5 thats costing her a bomb to run/insure/maintain. She just wants something that will last and hassle free i think. [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
tonyb86 wrote:
smartie wrote:
tonyb86 wrote:
Again i've had this argument with her. She currently has an import mx5 thats costing her a bomb to run/insure/maintain. She just wants something that will last and hassle free i think. [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Really? The MX5 costs more than 240 quid a month to repair/maintain?
By Fly100
tonyb86 wrote: She just wants something that will last and hassle free i think. [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
So your buying a Vauxhall Corsa :scratch:

Shocking dealers and shocking service.
algreene wrote:
tonyb86 wrote:
smartie wrote:
tonyb86 wrote:

Really? The MX5 costs more than 240 quid a month to repair/maintain?

Costs her around £70 to insure and putting in around £300 (ish) of fuel averaging around 25-28 mpg. So i think shes just looking to reduce her fuel bill by half and insurance by 100% for the first year + having a car that she doesn't have to worry about going wrong. ( if it did just fire it back to the dealer )

mmmm this is a bad idea isn't it... ? :lol: :lol:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]