The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to the MY07+ (FN2 & FD2) Civic Type R.
User avatar
By Gaz225R
#3300608
I have a champ white type r Im looking to paint the calipers red but wanting to keep the type r logo on them

If the calipers got painted red how could I keep the type r logo?
User avatar
By dweezle
#3300818
My mate carefully painted over his white but you can buy the caliper type r decals on ebay quite cheap for the set they stick on when you have painted them not sure how good they are though. I know there is a company out there somewhere where you can send them your calipers and they will do a proper smooth powder coat (anything you like) or you can drop your car off for the day where they will strip them down paint them and bake them and change your brake fluid whilst they wait and then stick them back on [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]. To far for me to travel though but i have been looking for a 2nd hand set to send to them, i find painted calipers can look tacky if not done right.
User avatar
By andyb99
#3300880
mine are yellow and the job was rubbish (previous owner) i have the paint and am going to do them soon (was planning to today but rain has stopped play) i'm going try some of the stickers i think so i'll let you know
User avatar
By dweezle
#3301486
mbase wrote:i've put a few pictures of my m200 (neither a champ white or a mugen20 just alot of money) on civinfo for you to have a look at what i done with my calipers.
[smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
User avatar
By RM CYA
#3301780
Painted calipers look gay. Unless the car comes with big shiny Brembos or aftermarket kit. Paint them gloss black, would look alot better.
User avatar
By dweezle
#3301864
RM CYA wrote:Painted calipers look gay. Unless the car comes with big shiny Brembos or aftermarket kit. Paint them gloss black, would look alot better.
Too many people go red and brembos are everywhere if i had the money i'd stick a nice set of the spoon calipers on
User avatar
By RM CYA
#3302227
That means yours is Limited Edition Spec. Iirc the ones with engraved logos came with higher compression, uprated valvetrain, and the modified S2000 oil pump so you can rev freely to 9K rather than 8250 stock or 8600 when mapped.

Damn!!! You got lucky bro! Was it advertised as normal spec?
User avatar
By DeanCivic
#3303567
Paint the whole caliper, then run an angle grinder with a buffing disc on it over the logo to take the paint off it. You are left with a coloured caliper and a shiney type r logo
User avatar
By tabblink
#3303629
DeanCivic wrote:Paint the whole caliper, then run an angle grinder with a buffing disc on it over the logo to take the paint off it. You are left with a coloured caliper and a shiney type r logo
Untill it rusts
User avatar
By DeanCivic
#3303731
tabblink wrote:
DeanCivic wrote:Paint the whole caliper, then run an angle grinder with a buffing disc on it over the logo to take the paint off it. You are left with a coloured caliper and a shiney type r logo
Untill it rusts
Clear coat :wink:
User avatar
By dweezle
#3304150
DeanCivic wrote:
tabblink wrote:
DeanCivic wrote:Paint the whole caliper, then run an angle grinder with a buffing disc on it over the logo to take the paint off it. You are left with a coloured caliper and a shiney type r logo
Untill it rusts
Clear coat :wink:
Shine up your calipers first, then stick them cheap ebay type r decals on, then fully paint decent job couple of coats, then peel off the decals hey presto a clean finish with a neat shiny type r logo, finish with clear coat [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
User avatar
By Stevo M81
#3304152
RM CYA wrote:Painted calipers look gay. Unless the car comes with big shiny Brembos or aftermarket kit. Paint them gloss black, would look alot better.
Gloss black for the stealth look, that's what I went for [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
Shell Helix Ultra oil 5w/40

Hi ,looking for new oil for my 2005 Ep3 Type R. H[…]

So I am in a bit of a dilemma really when it comes[…]

Are there any EP3's left? Is it time to break th[…]