The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a speeding ticket? We have Police Officers on the forum who can provide advice.
By vtecz
Hi chaps, bit cheesed off. Was on the way to work this morning, after having some bad news in the morning wasnt in the best of moods.

After coming off a roundabout onto a dual carriageway, as its a built up area im sure its 30mph, i take this route every day and always make sure i dnt go above 30. After a few hundred meters, theres a flashing sign that theyv recently put up which flashes slow down 30 mph. Today there was a van parked next to it, was a white van which made me think may be police.

The max i went upto was around 34mph, just to go past the bin mens lorry as they were loading it up then back down to 30mph, i was in the right lane and stayed at 30-32mph, as there was an old lady on my left who i knew was going to come back infront of me due to the van parked on the left.

Will i get 3 points for bein, 3-4 mph over the limit at some point. But was doin 30 getting closer to the van, the van was just white and yellow said speed enforcement on the side, no people in the front and back windows tinted, when iv seen these vans beofre they always have the back door open, so not sure if theyd started doing the checks.

Sorry if iv gone on a bit any adivce please
By vtecz
Sacrificial Pawn wrote:Sure it wasn't ANPR?

Wouldn't worry massively; tested my speedo with GPS and it's quite a way out even at 30mph. 33mph indicated was 30/31mph on the GPS.
The van just said speed enforcement written on the side mate, but from what iv seen on the net, im sure they have their doors open when doing speed checks, i think its bit harsh for bein 2-3 mph over the limit as i had to speed up slightly.

Id happily to a speed awareness course than have 3 points mate
By vtecz
thats what i thought looked like a works van, i do 30mph on the dot every day there, the 1 day i slighlty go quicker the bloody vans there, piss take.

Do you know if they normally have the back doors open when they do their checks mate
Depends; seen ones with a hatch at the side but also one's with back doors open (always on the A1).

Old dear got caught doing 34 overtaking a parked lorry going out the village. 40 years driving and she needs a nudge to get out of 2nd gear. :lol: Gutted. :roll:
By vtecz
il jus have to hope im ok, prety sure i wsnt doing mre than 30, jus have to keep my fingers crossed.

Also i thnk they are thnking of putin speed cameras in that location, they maye have been checking speeds to see whether to put cams up
By karl
nobody on here can answer your question, you will get only hypothesis, just clench up for two weeks and expect the worst
Sacrificial Pawn wrote:Ah right.

They're sneaky feckers; one round here that's plain white, AMBER lights - looks like a maintenance van. :bad-words:
Wont be able to use blue lights mate - they are usually crewed by jobsworth civvies. :tosser:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]