The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Integra Type R? Come and chat here.
By robbyp
Hey been floating about here a while thought id post up few pics of my 96 spec DC2 i use as a race car. Had a road DC5 before it and an EK9 before that and a few other Jap monsters as road cars but enjoying this car on track now. Just running a std b18 with close ratio gearbox but am thinking of Kswapping over the winter. Have a build thread on dc2 forum if your interested
http://www.itr-dc2.com/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=

Anyway couple of pics:

Couldnt resist that last one :-D
Last edited by robbyp on Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
By TomCTR
Looks nice fella, as I've said over on itrdc2 :-D

Seriously thinking about the k swap then?

Who was the cage from by the way mate?
By robbyp
TomCTR wrote:Looks nice fella, as I've said over on itrdc2 :-D

Seriously thinking about the k swap then?

Who was the cage from by the way mate?

Yea think am for going that way :???: lol

The cage was bought from custom cages.
Its a real good item, comes with profiled ends so only requires slight tweaking and is def strong as it goes out to the strut tops on the front too. Well worth it
By TomCTR
Think I may go that way if I get a full weld in cage :twisted:

I think k swap is the way to go if you need a lot more power, however I love the sound of revs of teh b18 mate.. I'd serious think of high comp b series build with itbs etc.. Would be awesome and go like stink!

Look at Richie from performance autoworks in his dc2, he's has a h22 and does very well man! :-D
By robbyp
Short video from a competitor's car at race meet i did, am only in it for the about 30 secs!!

By robbyp
Well haven't really updated much in while on here. Have decided that in search of power to help me out am for kswapping the dc2 so sold the b18 engine and close ratio box, and have the whole interior stripped out again, loom and all. Hopefully get the paint tidied up inside.
So this is how she looks in the meantime:

I need to replace the lca bushes and take PAS steering stuff off rack, split it and grease inside. Give the bay a good clean, get the mounts ready for the kswap mounts so good few bits needing done if i could get my ass in gear.

I have also been stockpiling kswap parts for the last while so starting to get there now!!

Kazz diff & Exedy Clutch

Kswap parts!!

Also have a k20 engine in bits waiting for new parts to rebuild the bottom end so i know its all sweet and ready for racing!!
Last edited by robbyp on Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Mr Anderson
Subscribed! Please take loads of pics of the job if you can :bigthumb:

And see the exhaust, I take it you have to buy a whole custom job, or do the likes of Toda etc to k-swap exhaust bits?
By robbyp
Mr Anderson wrote:Subscribed! Please take loads of pics of the job if you can :bigthumb:

And see the exhaust, I take it you have to buy a whole custom job, or do the likes of Toda etc to k-swap exhaust bits?

Il try my best to take photos, would like them even for myself ha, i know thats a specific k swap mani but not sure about the rest, think you might have to modify the decat and make it a load shorter!!
By Mr Anderson
So the cat will be line up perfectly to use dc2 b-pipes? Not that it matters in your job I suppose, custom exhausts not a problem.
By robbyp
[quote="Mr Anderson"]So the cat will be line up perfectly to use dc2 b-pipes? Not that it matters in your job I suppose, custom exhausts not a problem.[/quoOh yea as far as i know its all made to line up to a dc2 b pipe, as long as you buy a k swap header!
By Keebsss47
nice car mate, seen it on the dc2 site...

whats shafts did u go for? stage 2? im waiting for my hr shifter box! looks sweet :)

I presume your going k20a2? i have but used a dc5 box for better ratio. love the lsd :P

what kg flywheel are you going for? i went for 3.9kg lol
By robbyp
Keebsss47 wrote:nice car mate, seen it on the dc2 site...

whats shafts did u go for? stage 2? im waiting for my hr shifter box! looks sweet :)

I presume your going k20a2? i have but used a dc5 box for better ratio. love the lsd :P

what kg flywheel are you going for? i went for 3.9kg lol

Yea its a K20A2 and box, is there much difference in the ratios in the boxes? Not even sure about flywheel yet, That sounds pretty light that your fitting!!
By pulpmelon_r
Hybrid racing swap parts ftw

BTW The k20a2 gearbox used in the UK ep3 has the same ratios and final drive as the jdm k20a, sans cast gear type LSD
By Keebsss47
Hi,

yeh the flywheel in a facelift ep3 is 4.65 but a 3.9 is about as light as you want to go..I had a 4kg one on my b18 and rev matching was nuts! slowed down quick as well :)

The k20a2 box hasn't got the same ratio as a k20a!!

Same fd ratio but 4 5 6 gears are shorter...

The change from 3rd to 4th noticeable shorter on the k20a box :)

what shafts are you using? Stage 2?
Last edited by Keebsss47 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By pulpmelon_r
Keebsss47 wrote:Hi,

yeh the flywheel in a facelift ep3 is 4.65 but a 3.9 is about as light as you want to go..I had a 4kg one on my b18 and rev machine was nuts! slower down quick as well :)

The k20a2 box hasn't got the same ratio as a k20a!!

Same fd ratio but 4 5 6 gear and shorter...

The change from 3rd to 4th noticeable shorter on the k20a box :)

what shafts are you using? Stage 2?

Yes you're right, I was thinking of the 8th gen

By Stevo M81
This should be a interesting build, keep the updates coming matey :bigthumb:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]