The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Want an honest evalution from our resident CTRO salesmen on your CTR or related good? Ask in here. Usual answer will be followed by an "i call dibs".
So I am in a bit of a dilemma really when it comes to this car.

I drove it around for a little while with the intention of building it into a race car for the civic cup as the bodywork isn't brilliant etc. But then popped it in the garage for winter and that is kind of where its been sat since.. (don't worry stored properly fluids drained etc)

Time went by and out of mind and out of sight. The thing is I need to free up room in the garage and now she needs to go, I wont be entering the Civic cup as I have another race car that is taking all my time lol.

The thing is the car is sound and to get it ready for sale, I have just serviced it, it has a new brand new radiator, new lower arms, new ball joints and a new rear caliper (as the old one seized). The only thing that needs doing is the Timing chain as I am getting a slight rattle on startup (car has done 96k) Other than that she started with a lovely purr.

It will be getting a new MOT before sale.

Now the bodywork is not in great condition it has scrapes, stone chips, a few dents here and there, lacquer peel and paint is pinking but nothing someone who wanted to use it for racing would bat an eye at and nothing a body shop could not correct for too much money if you wanted to make it a minter, there is a slight amount of rust in the driver side rear arch but again its a 18 year old car.

The thing is do I get the timing chain done before sale.. is it really going to hurt the resale price that much... if I get it done will i get the value of spending that money back in the increased value of the car...

So If I were to put it up for sale as it is, without doing the timing chain what do you think I should put it up for?
And what would it be worth if I did the chain before sale?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]