The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to the MY07+ (FN2 & FD2) Civic Type R.
wheelconnector wrote:so what could one do to prevent this from happening? smear some silicon gel on the potential areas right when we get the cars?
Don't put silicone on the paint, only use waxoyl or some tacky grease. Silicone is very hard to remove before painting so its not a good idea. :wink:
Mine's going in tomorrow, There doing the top's of the door's plus the top Engine Pully as it sweek's on idle. Only down side is they want it for a full week, ant a problem as i only use it weekend's but garentee someones going take it for a spin. :bad-words:
JohnnoTypeR wrote:Mine's going in tomorrow, There doing the top's of the door's plus the top Engine Pully as it sweek's on idle. Only down side is they want it for a full week, ant a problem as i only use it weekend's but garentee someones going take it for a spin. :bad-words:
take a note of the mileage and tell them you don't want anyone driving it ?
BeegRich wrote:Mine went in for a dash rattle, came out with 1/2 tank missing and 100 extra miles on the clock!

I've just about had enough of Honda stealers, I think the cars days are numbered.

Yep ill take note of the millege and will instruct them NOT to drive it. Im also going leave about 10 mile's worth of petrol left in the car so that mite put them off.
After asking my stealer - Australia here - to test drive the car to acknowledge the damned third gear problem, they said that after the "road test" they "could not fault" the gears.

The thing is, I noted down and reset my trip meter before I handed over the keys - total difference from drop in to pick-up: 0.5km.

Of course they couldn't bloody fault it - It only moved 500 metres!
neemstar wrote:take a note of the mileage and tell them you don't want anyone driving it ?
Whenever I drop my car off at any stealer, I write the odometer reading down on two sticky notes. One I put in my wallet and the other I place on the steering wheel. :thumbup:
moons wrote:
neemstar wrote:take a note of the mileage and tell them you don't want anyone driving it ?
Whenever I drop my car off at any stealer, I write the odometer reading down on two sticky notes. One I put in my wallet and the other I place on the steering wheel. :thumbup:
LOL
Brilliant, I might try that next time. :cooldude:
neemstar wrote:
moons wrote:
LOL
Brilliant, I might try that next time. :cooldude:
quality :thumbup: top advise, will be doing every time for the future
My stealer finally admitted it "might" be rust at the weekend, so he took a photograph to prove it and then needs to discuss it with the service manager to confirm the best course of action! :shock:

Can't wait to see what the outcome will be.................

.....stay tuned!!

They also fixed the handbrake after the 5th time of asking!
BeegRich wrote:My stealer finally admitted it "might" be rust at the weekend, so he took a photograph to prove it and then needs to discuss it with the service manager to confirm the best course of action! :shock:

Can't wait to see what the outcome will be.................

.....stay tuned!!

They also fixed the handbrake after the 5th time of asking!
Took my Type R in saturday to ALAN DAY HONDA for this problem, Was informed by the service manager that they intend to strip the door's down, and rub down and paint the top's of the door's.

Was called an hour ago by the BODYSHOP manager, who informed me that the rust on the door's has gone right threw the metal. And the only 100% fix is to replace both door's. Which would mean painting both side's of the car.

Im not happy with this at all, The car is a year old and everyone on here that know's me and my car know's that i look after it to the highest degree. I dont want New door's this is an EXTREAME fix

Im after advise from people that have been in the same situation, Mod's if you could help also. I feel i need to get in contact wive HONDA UK dont know there number or the right pesrson to speak to. :bigcry:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]