The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to the MY07+ (FN2 & FD2) Civic Type R.
Looks easy enough to solve though, plug the hole and respray the area. Surely dealers can easily do this.
Also easily rectified on the production line. If Honda UK were bothered, this would be done with immediate effect.

Collectively we must apply pressure and share our findings, correspondance and results.
just had a look on my 4 month old type r and mine too has a little bit of surface rust starting,ive clean the rust off and put some acf50 on the affected part and will just add that 2 second job to my car care routine.i think its a bit shite that rust is starting on a new car though.
acf50 inhibits corrosion and stops rust forming by the way,use on my zx6r to stop it rotting in winter.
WTF!!

Mine lives in a nice warm garge every night and that makes one more to add to the list :bad-words:

Previous

• Paint runs on boot
• Drivers seat cover replaced
• Back in 4 times with seat foam shaping issues
• Replaced driver seat belt buckle
• Wheel arch trim replaced, marc under arch trim
• Rattles from Dash
• Loose glove box rattling
• Engine rough idle new engine senor
• Trim coming out with cigarette lighter

New / not yet mentioned been there a while or getting worse

• Dash rattle again
• Creaking left from rear suspension
Rust on top of drivers door behind seal
• Breaks grinding/crunching under heavy breaking
• Third gear sticking sometimes – doesn’t go straight, takes two attempts
• Passenger seat wear
• Drivers seat wearing again (sealt belt rubbing)
• Clicking noise from clutch pedal
• Handbrake

The paint is a joke!!!

The car itself is great the build quality is nearly as bad as a French car. That makes 20 problems in 9,000 miles, last Honda I will ever own after previously owning 5. Been consider getting rid of it for a while but I love driving it so I just havent been able to so it but ......

Honda customer services suck and I have had enough. Will be calling the solicitor in the morning to see what can be done but it will need to be with the dealer who have been ok but my contract is with them. I wont be accepting a re-spray it'll be new door or they will be taken to court.

Bye bye Honda!
WTF!!

Mine lives in a nice warm garge every night and that makes one more to add to the list :bad-words:

Previous

• Paint runs on boot
• Drivers seat cover replaced
• Back in 4 times with seat foam shaping issues
• Replaced driver seat belt buckle
• Wheel arch trim replaced, marc under arch trim
• Rattles from Dash
• Loose glove box rattling
• Engine rough idle new engine senor
• Trim coming out with cigarette lighter

New / not yet mentioned been there a while or getting worse

• Dash rattle again
• Creaking left from rear suspension
Rust on top of drivers door behind seal
• Breaks grinding/crunching under heavy breaking
• Third gear sticking sometimes – doesn’t go straight, takes two attempts
• Passenger seat wear
• Drivers seat wearing again (sealt belt rubbing)
• Clicking noise from clutch pedal
• Handbrake

The paint is a joke!!!

The car itself is great the build quality is nearly as bad as a French car. That makes 20 problems in 9,000 miles, last Honda I will ever own after previously owning 5. Been consider getting rid of it for a while but I love driving it so I just havent been able to so it but ......

Honda customer services suck and I have had enough. Will be calling the solicitor in the morning to see what can be done but it will need to be with the dealer who have been ok but my contract is with them. I wont be accepting a re-spray it'll be new door or they will be taken to court.

Bye bye Honda!
aphemia wrote:Yep, I've got exactly the same thing as in the photos.

I can't see the dealer doing anything about this for me. They still won't admit to my 3rd gear fault, which to me is very obvious.

Is there anything at all that we can do ourselves to protect this area of the car?
Same problem here. Also my cluch pedal clicks. Is this really Japan Quality?

When i'm driving it i love it, but no way i can enjoy it if i have to go every month to the dealer.
I'm thinking in crash it and buy an EP3. Same goodness at the engine and much more realiable.
estornino wrote:

I can't see the dealer doing anything about this for me. They still won't admit to my 3rd gear fault, which to me is very obvious.

Is there anything at all that we can do ourselves to protect this area of the car?
No...the FN2 is built in Swindon.

If you want proper Honda build quality.....buy Jap-built cars.
Had a look at mine today got to say people on here panic a bit to say the least nothing on mine really a little mark if that anybody would think the doors rotted off,it would take along while for that to cause anything major stick some rust treatment on it that will sort it,i think the rubber is holding water my car was dry for 2 days and there was still water held in this area.But c'mon who was sad enough to be looking there in the first place, it will be like the 3rd gear thread next for fukk sake just drive the thing stop looking for things it has got 3 years warranty you know.
raftyper - your local honda must really be sick of the sight of you!!

Out of that rather extensive list you gave - I think lots are just down to you having nothing better to do than being plain fussy over the smallest of things!

Dont blame you though - I was the same with my last car!! :lol:
raftyper - your local honda must really be sick of the sight of you!!

Out of that rather extensive list you gave - I think lots are just down to you having nothing better to do than being plain fussy over the smallest of things!

Dont blame you though - I was the same with my last car!!
:-D Yep I bet they are, the girl behind the desk is really sweet and helpful as well .... if Honda made a better car then I would have had alot less to moan about. I am abit of a perfectionist granted but well within my rights to be as they are all faults .... I used to be a TSO (training standards officer) 10 years ago so I know the sale of goods act very well .. and they know it!

I acutally missed a few off that they fixed after delivery, trim not fitting properly, coming away etc (about 4 things I think!)

My car is now booked in for a week at the end of April to have the list of faults fixed. The car is going on Auto Trader / Ebay next week...

All may seem fairly small etc but some of the rattles etc have been driving me nuts (can't have the stero turned up all the time!) and the rust thing is more worrying long term really, if it is garage everynight and rusting like that after 8 months I hate to think what state the car will be in after another 2 years. First the doors, what next!?!

Beleive me if I wanted to really moan there are about another 10 things I could add to the list, boot not closing proper, lights with condensation inside so I have fixed myself some I just can be arsed with!!
ChrisM wrote:
estornino wrote:

No...the FN2 is built in Swindon.

If you want proper Honda build quality.....buy Jap-built cars.
I totally agree!! They give a toss about what they're making!! :cool:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]