The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Discuss your favourite Movie, TV Show or Music here.
By 160mph_boy
smartie wrote:
160mph_boy wrote:Top Gear should be axed!!! it had its day years ago, now its just a over scripted and predictable show. I enjoyed it when it was genuinely funny, and fresh, several years ago. now it would be refreshing to see a new innovative show (not comedy or panto) made with people like Tiff Needell, Quentin Willson, Mike Brewer and Ed China and the likes. combine all the elements of other successful car shows, and make it about cars, not celebrities or politics. I couldn't give a toss of the outcome of Top Gear and Clarkson because to be honest, you can watch much better shows on the telly nowadays anyway.
Name a single car show more entertaining than Top Gear.
Fast N loud.
By 160mph_boy
Yes
u probably never even watched it or know what it is until i mentioned it :lol: ... (smartie heads to google) :lol:
By jtc
Fast n Loud is great, but it's not a "car show" in the same way Top Gear is.

Mike Brewer is a bellend, the saving grace of Wheeler Dealers is Ed China doing techy fiddling. But that's not Top Gear either.

There is no other show like Top Gear.
By smartie
It has Americans with beards, its failed before I even need to watch it.

There are no car shows as good as Top Gear Is(was). :P

Brewer is a cnt.
By 160mph_boy
jtc wrote:Fast n Loud is great, but it's not a "car show" in the same way Top Gear is.
It's a tv show about cars lol. and the main point was, it's more entertaining than TG.
By 160mph_boy
smartie wrote:It has Americans with beards, its failed before I even need to watch it.
Case rested! you have no argument to even voice your opinion as you have never even watched the programme :lol:
By andy.h
Another vote for fast n loud have been watching it since the first series and they restore some seriously nice cars the pikes peak one was quality.
By 160mph_boy
andy.h wrote:Another vote for fast n loud have been watching it since the first series and they restore some seriously nice cars the pikes peak one was quality.
Couldn't agree more mate :salut: The F40 restoration was Epic!
By Superman001
smartie wrote:Is Quentin Wilson still alive? Must be about J's age by now.

Just recreate the show on Sky and have done with it.

Quentin Wilson is 57.
By andy.h
The f 40 restoration was great I would like to see abit more of how they work on the cars though as sometimes they over do the funnier stuff abit like topgear.
By J
Superman001 wrote:
smartie wrote:Is Quentin Wilson still alive? Must be about J's age by now.

Just recreate the show on Sky and have done with it.

Quentin Wilson is 57.
:stfu: :WOOT
By 160mph_boy
andy.h wrote:The f 40 restoration was great I would like to see abit more of how they work on the cars though as sometimes they over do the funnier stuff abit like topgear.
Yeah i know what you mean! there is also a lot of focus on Richards quick flipping the cars n stuff as well. But yeah, a bit more of an in depth look at the restorations they do would be better. with that said, i find the humor very funny.
By skinnyman9000
If the numbers mentioned in fast n loud are true non of it makes sense. There's no way they smash those cars out like a week either.

Show goes:
Richard flips a car in a day and makes $10k, whilst his cronies in the workshop spend 2 weeks on a car and make $5k. Eh?!?!
By 160mph_boy
How does it not make any sense? it's the reality of car business.

Just because they put a sh!tload of time and effort into a project or whatever, doesn't necessarily mean they will make more profit from it than they would by doing a quick flip with hardly any work gone in!

And sometimes it's all about timing and what car is up for grabs etc. and sometimes you just don't get out of it at the end, what you thought you might have, or expected to get from it before starting on it or even buying it.

This is reality...
By andy.h
Always makes me laugh on fast and loud at the car auctions when they take a car there they always loose money on it :lol:
By 160mph_boy
:lol: Yep!! i remember that old Porsche 911 racer he thought he could pull 100k off at least, and the hammer fell at 65k or something :lol: he was gutted.
By skinnyman9000
160mph_boy wrote:How does it not make any sense? it's the reality of car business.

Just because they put a sh!tload of time and effort into a project or whatever, doesn't necessarily mean they will make more profit from it than they would by doing a quick flip with hardly any work gone in!

And sometimes it's all about timing and what car is up for grabs etc. and sometimes you just don't get out of it at the end, what you thought you might have, or expected to get from it before starting on it or even buying it.

This is reality...
He has a massive workshop, employs like 20 people, all these overheads etc, when it appears he could just make more money with his truck and trailer.

Meh, I lost track of the series anyway when Virgin flip up my series link
By Lewisgame
Plus he's got a bar n grill!
I like Fast n Loud. I find Richard entertaining with his GYSOT and some of the cars they do is top quality. Some of it is a little far fetched at times and if you was to run a business like that without some extra help of a tv company you'd probably lose money.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]