The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Hints and Tips for all things Track Day and 1/4 mile.
By EP3crew
Me & a few mates went down to Elvington this past sunday i wasnt ready to go on the 1/4 mile but they managed to drag me on... :lol:

Traction was a BIG problem for me i ran the car on road legal Prada tyres full interior & nearly 3/4 tank of fuel with spinning full out in the 1st & 2nd gear i managed a 13.4 sec 1/4 mile time & the 1st position in my class.... :-D

I'll be runnig it again soon this time with slicks & no interior & it shouldnt have a problem getting in the 12's... :-D

By eatthis
how much power?
ffs buy a better camera that timing slip just gave me a headache :lol:
my best time in my old vr6 golf was 13.6 at 103 mph
By EP3crew
eatthis wrote:how much power?
There's nothing wrong with the camra the slips are zoomd in...
& my car is runnig 300bhp at moment...
By eatthis
EP3crew wrote:
they are massively out of focus
By EP3crew
eatthis wrote:
EP3crew wrote:
I wouldnt say massively but yes they are not the best of quality but you can still read the times...
By eatthis
EP3crew wrote:
eatthis wrote:
EP3crew wrote:
I wouldnt say massively but yes they are not the best of quality but you can still read the times...

yup hence the headache :lol:
nice times though :bigthumb:
By EP3crew
eatthis wrote:
EP3crew wrote:
eatthis wrote:
EP3crew wrote:

yup hence the headache :lol:
nice times though :bigthumb:
By EP3crew
danneth wrote:Nice time,
Cheers mate... :thumbup:

Going to run it again soon with some slicks & no interior & it shouldnt have a problem going in the 12's... :-D
By EP3crew
eatthis wrote:if i ever get my golf on the road il race yer (1/4 mile not street lol)
Ok cool... sounds good... you want to race with the VR6 or the R32??
By eatthis
EP3crew wrote:
eatthis wrote:if i ever get my golf on the road il race yer (1/4 mile not street lol)
vr6 was sold a while ago itl have to be the r32 il have road tyres and full weight (including stereo and spare wheel lol)
By EP3crew
eatthis wrote:
EP3crew wrote:
vr6 was sold a while ago itl have to be the r32 il have road tyres and full weight (including stereo and spare wheel lol)
You managed to get quite a fair bit of power from your charger ehh...200bhp on yop of the stock 250 not bad...

Next time im on the 1/4 mile strip i'll be going on with slicks because my car is very bad on traction before i can put the power down the 1/4mile strech is finished lol...

So to get full power i need a longer strech... So with out slicks it going to have to be a longer strech where we would have to race... :smile:
By eatthis
EP3crew wrote:
eatthis wrote:
EP3crew wrote:
You managed to get quite a fair bit of power from your charger ehh...200bhp on yop of the stock 250 not bad...

Next time im on the 1/4 mile strip i'll be going on with slicks because my car is very bad on traction before i can put the power down the 1/4mile strech is finished lol...

So to get full power i need a longer strech... So with out slicks it going to have to be a longer strech where we would have to race... :smile:
its at 1 bar of boost with this pulley it made 475 hp and 395 lb ft before the poo hit the fan.
im trying (and probably failing) to get a 17 psi pulley which should add 20-25 hp and maybe 10-15 lb ft so round about 500 hp and 400 lb ft are nice numbers. as for 1/4 mile iv no idea what its capable of lol i would hope for 12s but it is a heavy beast at 1500 kg ish. obviously the 4wd makes a hell of a difference in 1st gear but also adds more transmission loss once rolling.
the only car i know with the same setup did a 170 mph timed run on an airfield but he drove it like a granny and it was still pulling. i suspect it MIGHT hit the rev limiter which would put it somewhere around 185 top speed i doubt il ever find out for certain though
By alan83
EP3crew wrote:before i can put the power down the 1/4mile strech is finished lol... So to get full power i need a longer strech... So with out slicks it going to have to be a longer strech where we would have to race... :smile:
Still talking P1SH I see :thumbup:
By EP3crew
pulpmelon_r wrote:Do you have an lsd and uprated motor mounts ep3crew?
No LSD but i do have the uprated mounts...
By EP3crew
alan83 wrote:
EP3crew wrote:before i can put the power down the 1/4mile strech is finished lol... So to get full power i need a longer strech... So with out slicks it going to have to be a longer strech where we would have to race... :smile:
Still talking P1SH I see :thumbup:
You might aswell go back to sleep :thumbup:
By EP3crew
eatthis wrote:
EP3crew wrote:
eatthis wrote:
EP3crew wrote:

its at 1 bar of boost with this pulley it made 475 hp and 395 lb ft before the poo hit the fan.
im trying (and probably failing) to get a 17 psi pulley which should add 20-25 hp and maybe 10-15 lb ft so round about 500 hp and 400 lb ft are nice numbers. as for 1/4 mile iv no idea what its capable of lol i would hope for 12s but it is a heavy beast at 1500 kg ish. obviously the 4wd makes a hell of a difference in 1st gear but also adds more transmission loss once rolling.
the only car i know with the same setup did a 170 mph timed run on an airfield but he drove it like a granny and it was still pulling. i suspect it MIGHT hit the rev limiter which would put it somewhere around 185 top speed i doubt il ever find out for certain though
500 HP :salut:

I raced an RS4 the other day on gas rolling start i beat him every time we raced Germans have good power but your right about the weight...

Good luck for geting you motor back on the road... Yea we'll still have a blast give me a shout when its done... :thumbup:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]