The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Hints and Tips for all things Track Day and 1/4 mile.
User avatar
By VTEC ABUSER
#2073499
Now then chaps and chapess'. As I know there is quite a few 1/4 mile fans on here, I thought I would take the opportunity to see if any of the CTR lot fancied joining us VW GTI boys @ Pod for a RWYB day on Sunday 1st Feb?
We have 34 of us lot going on last count, most of which are running and with it being a standard RWYB day (fairly quiet) there should be plenty of chance to get as many runs as you like in.. Most of our lot have never been to Pod, let alone run, so there will be no rivalry (as such , but a good friendly day out to admire and watch each others motors.
We have a mixture of GTI's going varying from standard GTI's to sub 400bhp ED30's, so a good mixture and I am also inviting the VXR, ST, Megane Sport, Cupra and R32 boys too, so should be a nice mixture of Hot Hatches..
So if any of you guys fancy it, stick your name down and lets see if we can make it a cracking day out...

A little banner one of our chaps made for the occasion.. lol

Image
Image

Other forums attending..
http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=36325
http://www.focusstoc.com/forums/Santa-P ... ntry419643
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthr ... ost2216714
http://www.meganesport.net/community/sh ... post319240
http://www.r32oc.com/events/8352-santa- ... #post87345

If interested, start a list please..

1. Ben CTR (Albeit with the GTI lot) ;)
2.
User avatar
By ctr30
#2073581
I may be up for this. what time u all meeting/start?
User avatar
By jreedy
#2073720
I'dbe up for this and i'lltry and get sye (247.5 bhp jdm ep3) and bellamy of here to come as well, :thumbup:
User avatar
By VTEC ABUSER
#2073776
ctr30 wrote:I may be up for this. what time u all meeting/start?
No exact time mate.. I'll be there from about 9 - 9:30am (track doesn't open till 10am anyway. Just get there whenever you're ready. But I would asume you lot will form a convoy like most of the other forums are doing and go in together.. :wink:
User avatar
By Aaron Coady
#2073796
VTEC ABUSER wrote:
ctr30 wrote:I may be up for this. what time u all meeting/start?
No exact time mate.. I'll be there from about 9 - 9:30am (track doesn't open till 10am anyway. Just get there whenever you're ready. But I would asume you lot will form a convoy like most of the other forums are doing and go in together.. :wink:
Are there any ground rules for this? For example, can I run slicks?
User avatar
By Aaron Coady
#2073840
VTEC ABUSER wrote:No rules really mate, otherwise it would be a nightmare to sort..
Have you got the blower on now, what spec?
No, I have fitted all the essentials, like the intercooler etc, but haven't yet bothered to finish everything off. I'm going to trailer the car to TDI-North in the next few days, get them to sort everything out and finish everything off then map it. Will do the interior bits myself at home, the clutch and the driveshafts will be done at home....
Nearly sorted, haven't yet built the engine because off the pound at the minute. Once it gets better against the dollar then I'll get the other engine imported.
Looking to run 12.5's ..... Might not even run 13's lol. But aim is to break 12.5 out of the box on Febuary the 1st.
User avatar
By Aaron Coady
#2073928
VTEC ABUSER wrote:Mmmmm sounds interesting.. What sort of power will that be? 300-350?
We'll see in regards to power, the car weighs around 1000 kg. So, dependant on how safe it is to play with the boost, anything between 310-330 bhp. I wont go a drop over 330 bhp on standard internals.

Regardless of power, its the way the car is set up that helps in drag. Suspension settings, slicks, uprated driveshafts, fx700 clutch, launch control, line lock etc.
User avatar
By VTEC ABUSER
#2074072
With a 1000kgs kerb weight and that set up, you won't need anymore power than that to get mid 12's I wouldn't think.. Sounds like a proper weapon mate..
Unfortunately mine is used to do 3-4k a month with work, so I need interior and road trim set up.. :lol:
May lob the back bench out though.. :wink:
User avatar
By cressie
#2077055
Put me down, as long as the weather's good.

Its always nice to get the car out of the garage for the first run of the year :-D :-D
User avatar
By Aaron Coady
#2077065
Cannot get my car ready until mid Febuary now.

Hope there is another one later on in the year if this one goes ok.

I will still be attending, just not in my car. :bigcry:
User avatar
By cressie
#2077071
Aaron Coady wrote:Cannot get my car ready until mid Febuary now.

Hope there is another one later on in the year if this one goes ok.

I will still be attending, just not in my car. :bigcry:
Aaron, are you the bloke that bought Scott Whitelaw's turbo kit?
User avatar
By Aaron Coady
#2077075
cressie wrote:
Aaron Coady wrote:Cannot get my car ready until mid Febuary now.

Hope there is another one later on in the year if this one goes ok.

I will still be attending, just not in my car. :bigcry:
Aaron, are you the bloke that bought Scott Whitelaw's turbo kit?
Yes mate.
User avatar
By cressie
#2077205
Aaron Coady wrote:
cressie wrote:
Aaron Coady wrote:Cannot get my car ready until mid Febuary now.

Hope there is another one later on in the year if this one goes ok.

I will still be attending, just not in my car. :bigcry:
Aaron, are you the bloke that bought Scott Whitelaw's turbo kit?
Yes mate.
Will it be ready to join us in this years HKS Series?
User avatar
By Aaron Coady
#2077208
cressie wrote:
Aaron Coady wrote:
cressie wrote:
Aaron Coady wrote:Cannot get my car ready until mid Febuary now.

Hope there is another one later on in the year if this one goes ok.

I will still be attending, just not in my car. :bigcry:
Aaron, are you the bloke that bought Scott Whitelaw's turbo kit?
Yes mate.
Will it be ready to join us in this years HKS Series?
Hopefully, The engine will not be built for this years series though. However, I'll still run.
User avatar
By VTEC ABUSER
#2077340
I see you have similar times/terminals to me Cressie, could be interesting (unless of course that's an old time..? :???:)

Anyway just to update the list...

1. Vtec Abuser
2. ctr30
3. jreedy27
4. Aaron Coady
5. wedgie
6. cressie
7.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 9
FN2 softer suspension?

What did you go for in the end? Looking at changin[…]

Literally sat waiting for AA on mine after i'd lef[…]

Mimms Honda Day, the largest Honda event in the UK[…]