The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Post your power charts here.
delcbr wrote:I wonder how the plm manifold compares to a toda or dc sports did tdi not have a graph to hand to see the difference?
Impossible to do a comparison unless they are tested on the same car as there are too many variables with different setups etc. Toda is probably the best on the market but they certainly don't come cheap, the PLM is right up there and offers great value
By *nub*
6N2 GTI 00 wrote:
delcbr wrote:I wonder how the plm manifold compares to a toda or dc sports did tdi not have a graph to hand to see the difference?
Impossible to do a comparison unless they are tested on the same car as there are too many variables with different setups etc. Toda is probably the best on the market but they certainly don't come cheap, the PLM is right up there and offers great value
we only have your experience with the PLM to go by which is a comparison to a piper (lol) and didn't you have loads of problems? :smile:

I can't remember if I posted here or not but I think there are better headers in the states than this if you're not happy with toda etc. One guy is fitting an ASP 4-1 header soon but he's in spain I believe so that dyno will not be comparable
I was referring to the toda & DC not the piper, those comparison results can be seen on the graph. To be fair the problems I've had with the PLM were caused by the solid fabrications catback which was too heavy, that coupled with the PLM not having a flexi pipe caused a lot of stress which basically pulled it apart.

It's been welded up now, re-pinned and also has the addition of some springs on the test pipe to act as a flexi. My solid fab exhaust has been cut up and re-worked into a completely unsilenced system with custom exhaust hangers, it's also been raised where it meets the header so has awesome clearance. I agree though there are better headers out there than the PLM but probably not in terms of bhp per £ as it's really well priced. Pretty sure it's just a copy of the Kidd racing header which is a few hundred dollars more in the states (Toda / Tegiwa esq)
By baddohc
6N2 GTI 00 wrote:I was referring to the toda & DC not the piper, those comparison results can be seen on the graph. To be fair the problems I've had with the PLM were caused by the solid fabrications catback which was too heavy, that coupled with the PLM not having a flexi pipe caused a lot of stress which basically pulled it apart.

It's been welded up now, re-pinned and also has the addition of some springs on the test pipe to act as a flexi. My solid fab exhaust has been cut up and re-worked into a completely unsilenced system with custom exhaust hangers, it's also been raised where it meets the header so has awesome clearance. I agree though there are better headers out there than the PLM but probably not in terms of bhp per £ as it's really well priced. Pretty sure it's just a copy of the Kidd racing header which is a few hundred dollars more in the states (Toda / Tegiwa esq)
Plm made the manifold for kidd racing if I'm not mistaken
*nub* wrote:bhp per £ you might as well get japspeed ;)

isnt your exhaust Flipping loud being unsilenced lol?
Yeah that's a fair point about the Japspeed, good value at £200 and works well. Not at the same level as a Toda but it id a 5th of the price [emoji2]

Loud is an understatement ;-) makes a Spoon or Skunk 2 system seem sensible
baddohc wrote:
6N2 GTI 00 wrote:I was referring to the toda & DC not the piper, those comparison results can be seen on the graph. To be fair the problems I've had with the PLM were caused by the solid fabrications catback which was too heavy, that coupled with the PLM not having a flexi pipe caused a lot of stress which basically pulled it apart.

Plm made the manifold for kidd racing if I'm not mistaken
Yeah I think you are right regarding the PLM/Kidd Header its the SSR header I'm getting mixed up with. That's the original one which the PLM/Kidd was based on but for a fraction of the price
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]