The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Post your power charts here.
By ep3-786
Finally had my car mapped at TDi North after fitting some new bits.

* Buddy Club Spec IV
* Japspeed 4-2-1
* AEM CAI

Might not be a lot but, it does feel a lot better to drive thanks to Paul.
Skunk 2 Intake manifold next on the list!
Last edited by ep3-786 on Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
RBC fitted today with Hondata gasket at TDi North then dyno tuning again.

Are these normal figures? I was expecting 240+, and it seems even with cams i wont see 250! Not had a chance to test it fully yet due to rain but i am slightly disappointed with the results :(
NHB_EP3_Chris wrote:We should all do our windows down while running our AC at full pelt to cool the country. Then we can all get higher bhp figures and stop global warmings.
now i understand why dandemoraliser has aircon turned on, on his s2000 with no roof whilst on the rollers. it's to cool down the other cars.
*nub* wrote:
NHB_EP3_Chris wrote:We should all do our windows down while running our AC at full pelt to cool the country. Then we can all get higher bhp figures and stop global warmings.
now i understand why dandemoraliser has aircon turned on, on his s2000 with no roof whilst on the rollers. it's to cool down the other cars.
What gainz did he make? Roof down must add a few horses alone...
Isn't their dyno supposed to be about 10bhp generous anyway so whatever figure you get thats 10bhp less anywhere else :shouldbeinteresting:
Lewisgame wrote:Lost nearly 6ft/lb of torque with the rbc.
Lost 6 at peak for a couple hundred RPM but if you look at the curve on both graphs you will see the car has actually gained torque in the higher revs thanks to the RBC

It's been hot & humid for the last 4 to 5 weeks so it's not suprising, take it back on a normal day in the UK (i.e 14/15 degrees) and it will pull over 240
Always said the RBC looses midrange but gains at peak and you can clearly see it here. Been stupidly hot as well so as has been said pop back when its cooler and see about another 5bhp. That or your cars fecked! :lol:

Oh and dyno 10bhp happy? Funny enough had a car in that was mapped by a very well known person elsewhere very recently that was running a bit poorly with GM, RBC, Tegiwa manifold and good catback as well as a set of JDM cams. He said they made 257 at peak when he had finished.
I stuck it on the dyno and it made 239. Hit 245 after remap. Certainly no 257 though.
Also had a B-Series Turbo setup built and mapped by a company in Sheffield and owner had a sheet saying over 270bhp. It hit 230 on ours. Certainly couldn't tamper with the map as its chrome and we don't touch that stuff and no variables on our dyno to adjust, it just reads what it reads and is very repeatable which is the main thing. :wink:

Different dyno's read differently and can't really be compared unless same type. Only people that have the same setup as us in the UK that I know of are Owen Developments, and Regal Tuning. These actually measures on the run up and run down. Big heavy rollers that are electronically load controlled. Get one of the small lightweight ones like a Dyno Dynamics that only measures on the run up then gives outputs based on a whole bunch of variables and user input correction factors and its going to be different even between dyno's of the same type.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]