The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Post your power charts here.
I took my EP3 to a Dyno day today to get a rough idea of how it was running with the current bolt-on mods before I make the trip over to TDI for mapping.

Power at the flywheel was 213bhp and I am being emailed the graph during the week so I can post it then and find out what the torque and WHP etc actually was.

All of the figures on the day seemed accurate with a 1.6 VTI civic making 154bhp and a DC2 making 196bhp.

My modifications include:

-DC manifold
-HKS 2.25" cat-back
-PRC DC5 Intake manifold
-Tegiwa M Induction (still waiting on the scoop for the scuttle from the seller)

The car seems to be healthy and Im looking forward to some nice gains after a k100 remap
Last edited by SPek9 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unfortunately not, it was a group rolling road day and only £20 for each run so they tried to get the cars through as quick as possible.

the RPM reading is also slightly off so they didn't take the time to get it exact before the run.

I just wanted to get a figure of how the car was running before mapping. I have also heard people say that it will run lean with a decat etc and no map but would the ecu not add more fuel as its needed going by the sensor readings?

My car also has the O2 simulator so no engine management light with the manifold fitted
It would add more fuel in to try to heat cat up, But in doing it it does lean the engine out

When mine was on Dyno it maxed the sensor in exhaust out, so it should be okay to decat

Where did you get the O2 sim from? Is it electronic or a lambda boss extender?
motty wrote:94mph? seems like it was dyno'd in the wrong gear

They dyno'd the car in 4th gear. The rpm was not calibrated properly either so it is also wrong

The guys who dyno'd the car tune mainly deisels so they don't have any experience with honda's and it showed when he hit the limiter for a couple of seconds at the end of the 2 pulls :scratch:
http://civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopi ... 8&t=257910

Not sure if the OP can read but unsure where I stated in the add I was selling the scoop, when asked I said to help out and send it free of charge ( bear in mind postage is not cheap to his location ) I've also just moved into a new house which took a lot of my time up.

I've just finished work to find the OP has disputed PayPal so now I'm £249.00 out of pocket and he seems lovely getting all this rolling roads etc.

I'm now calling DPD to return scoop and we'll have to argue it out in PayPal.

For future reference people be careful when dealing with this member!
SPek9 wrote:
motty wrote:94mph? seems like it was dyno'd in the wrong gear

They dyno'd the car in 4th gear. The rpm was not calibrated properly either so it is also wrong

The guys who dyno'd the car tune mainly deisels so they don't have any experience with honda's and it showed when he hit the limiter for a couple of seconds at the end of the 2 pulls :scratch:
+1 these guys are all about diesel tuning and are probably the best in NI. I had my Audi mapped by them and they really took there time to get as much from the remap as they could. They did say to me that if any Jap cars come in or people phone up with Jap cars, then they usually tell them to go to a AI Autosport. Well thats what they did do before it closed this year.
MidnightTypeR wrote:http://civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopi ... 8&t=257910

Not sure if the OP can read but unsure where I stated in the add I was selling the scoop, when asked I said to help out and send it free of charge ( bear in mind postage is not cheap to his location ) I've also just moved into a new house which took a lot of my time up.

I've just finished work to find the OP has disputed PayPal so now I'm £249.00 out of pocket and he seems lovely getting all this rolling roads etc.

I'm now calling DPD to return scoop and we'll have to argue it out in PayPal.

For future reference people be careful when dealing with this member!

I don't know why you are posting in this thread but anyway, if anyone wants to know why I posted a dispute after my tegiwa intake was sent to me from this member incomplete with no scoop which he confirmed by PM that he was including with the kit (don't know anyone who would agree to buy a kit with no scoop for £250!) Below is the PM where I asked this member to confirm that the scoop was included and he replied YES.

As for the comment from this member saying not to trust me! I think you can all see who not to trust.

I have also built up a great reputation for buying and selling parts on the ek9 forum over the years.

MidnightTypeR
Message subject: Re: Tegiwa Carbon AirboxFolder: Inbox
Yes that is fine...

Sent: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:11 am

View message

SPek9
Message subject: Re: Tegiwa Carbon AirboxFolder: Sent messages
Also just to confirm, you will be including the carbon scoop that attaches to the scuttle pannel to make it a complete kit?

Sent: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:10 am
To be honest , I give up.

We'll sort it through PayPal, where I have told them I'll refund the amount in full when I receive the item back.

I've sold a few things on here all with good feedback ( when it works ) I have also helped a few members face to face...

Anyway enough about that I'll let you carry on with your thread about 218bhp without a map :-/
You can't talk your way out of it, the evidence is above your last post!

I have cut the scuttle pannel and fitted the intake so why would I want to go through the hassle of posting it back to you! I raised a disput so that you would simply do what you said you would and send me the scoop!!

Since you are so honest, post the tracking number of the scoop that you have told us that you have already sent to me but are having it returned by DPD???

It's not 218bhp, if you can read its 213 with bolt-ons and no map. The only reason I posted it was to give people and idea of what power these cars make with simple bolt-ons. If I wanted to brag about a powerfull car then I would have went out and bought a 500bhp Skyline etc!!
MidnightTypeR wrote:I'm not trying to talk myself out of anything.

I've already said numerous times on this thread we'll now deal with it through PayPal...

You can go on and on and on as much as you want this will be my last post on this thread!

Isn't it funny that you can't provide a tracking number for the scoop that you say you sent to me and are now having it returned??? You have made yourself look like a complete knob by posting in this thread when you are clearly lying :scratch:

Its your last post because you are clearly a liar when you said that you were including the scoop in the sale before I paid for the intake via PM and then tried to completely deny it!! You are a joke, I will cancel the paypal dispute as soon as you can confirm that you have sent the scoop. If you don't want to send the scoop then you can offer some sort of refund to pay for a new one.
No, I'll post delivery details tomorrow when I'm back in the office.

PayPal are awaiting you to confirm your sending the item back for a refund, if you do not provide tracking details to PayPal by the 28th they'll close the dispute.

I've not got a problem in having the induction back and I'll refund you via PayPal.

Thank you for completely wasting my time and I'll put the induction on eBay when you've returned it!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]