The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Post your power charts here.
I'm certain a Vstack can be used to speed up airflow a little in a low pressure zone, I think the effects are much less pronounced though.

A good example is the stock FN2 intake manifold, its got a set of stacks built in for each runner:

In other news, I've found some great supporting info for 3.5" intakes even on a mildly tuned k20's (USDM civic si - same engine as FN2)

spec:

TSX TB (64mm)
Ported RBC
Hondata IMG
SSReplica Header
2.5" exhaust
kpro

Baseline with 3" Injen CAI

Swap for 3.5" intake (a prototype called blackmamba :lol: )

Wheel HP
Got the PW:JDM relocator, just need the battery now. I've ordered some 90mm Alu bends so i can mock up in the engine bay and try a few different configurations.

I really like this thread on 8thCivic: http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/intake-s ... ntake.html

On the EP the hole behind the headlamp is much to small to follow the same route, nothing an angle grinder couldn't fix though :twisted:
Cheers guys

I think I'll name it the GirthMaster 1000 intake system...

It fits (just about) in front facing SRI form, with the v-stack behind the headlamp, it should get cooler air than normal rear facing SRI's
I'm planning to make it modular so that a 90 degree bend can be clamped on to drop down into the wheel well. This will involve hacking at the chassis, so I’m tempted to dyno with the assembly hanging out first to see if the tube lengths aid the resonance in a positive manner.
dan4578 wrote:It will be interesting to see the results of this. I am going to go for a 1/2 size rad and pop the intake right down there. Might go for 3.5 inch after looking at this.

Keep up the good work!
Thats a good shout buddy - K-tuned have a nice design for 1/2 size rads:

I was also thinking that I can angle the intake upwards and supply cold air from a small bonnet vent.

The only challenge I have at the moment is finding the correct IAT grommet to seat the temp sensor :bad-words:
It's a rare treat to have a whole saturday to ones self :P

The race battery and Password:JDM mount are pretty neat down there, had to extend the terminal wires a little though.

Still to do: drill a hole for the IAT sensor and fit a grommet & mount the oil catch can somewhere with some vacuum hoses to it for the crank case vent.
Could also do with a longer rad hose really.
Would the tegiwa battery mount relocate the battery where you have it? If i go the JRSC route, id prefer something like this to the cai's on offer i think.

Safe as well, any idea of the temps you would be expecting? Id go for the half rad, but id like to keep the engine as cool as possible when on track so went for a custom rad.

So just looking for intake ideas.
I think tegiwa just sell the generic cage that you need to figure out a mounting spot for.

With the intake right behind the head lamp its sucking air from the hole into the wheel arch and the gaps around the grill & lamp so it should be pretty cool.

Only issue I can see is the intake tube warming up in the engine bay - I'm going to wrap the intake in silicone tape to help with this.
By tuf
Damn, sitting edge of seat waiting for results now!!

Good work mate.

I remember reading somewhere, a good intake pipe diameter is usually 25% bigger than the throttle body diameter. [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]