The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
By mjhamilton
They are dirt cheap now - uhc1 cards 64gb for £27

And that is premium brand for generic
By Ben_Dunning
You will need to get dome editing software too I have a ton of videos which I haven't touched yet just cant find the time to learn how to edit them
By Evostance
mjhamilton wrote:They are dirt cheap now - uhc1 cards 64gb for £27

And that is premium brand for generic
Yup. Think I paid £20 for a 64gb one. Amazon.com order though to hotel in USA
Ben_Dunning wrote:You will need to get dome editing software too I have a ton of videos which I haven't touched yet just cant find the time to learn how to edit them
Mac ftw :lol: I movie works a treat, as does Final Cut Pro.... Or.... You could use the Gopro editor off their website ;)
By chris wheela
I need a decent editing software, I use Final Cut Pro but I'm gunna have to refresh my mac but I've "lost" the original disc. Any ideas? Is the go pro software any good or is it quite basic?
By Evostance
chris wheela wrote:I need a decent editing software, I use Final Cut Pro but I'm gunna have to refresh my mac but I've "lost" the original disc. Any ideas? Is the go pro software any good or is it quite basic?
It's quite basic. If you film in protune then you'll have to use it to correct the videos.
The are certain places online where you can get final cut pro x
ben-111 wrote:Is there a specific one which you'd recommend attaching to a helmet?
Go pro works with the helmet mount just fine :)
By mjhamilton
ben-111 wrote:Is there a specific one which you'd recommend attaching to a helmet?
gopro has a mount for pretty much every situation (some are extra purchase)
By duckdodgersuk
If your going to Thailand strap it to your chest so you can remember the night the next morning :P

By RM CYA
I got the hero 3 black, not the plus, and it does 4k, has protune etc.

Mounts - pole, extendable one is best. Try find one that closes up pretty small, and extends to about 50/60cm. The metre long ones give best shots esp for selfies lol, but seem to close up to 20/30cm.
Grenade mounts are cool. Don't think you need the floaty back with them.

Get spare batteries. There's cheap Chinese ones all the gopro forum users rave about. My battery is poo lol. But use the wifi and the LCD screen with it a lot
By andy.h
Have pre ordered a gopro hero 4 silver looking to get an extractable pole that closes up short any recommendations? Mainly will be used on snowboarding trips and on my upcoming hol to hong kong and oz.
By Mark
Been looking in to this again, however can not warrant the price of a gopro! (It will no doubt be a phase item and lobbed in the cuboard as I'm not extreme) so.... Seen something called an SJCAM sj4000 can be picked up for around 50 notes and apparently comparable with the entry level gopro, anyone had or seen any usage?
By yella
just bought an entry level Go pro for £90 in curry and with quid works out £80. To be honest its as much as most will need, also as the power port is at the rear you can also charge whilst using in car. Great bit of kit, quality is virtually same as the go pro 3. for 90% of users this will be more than enough if using for video. oh and the reason people go for the Go Pro over other stuff is they work as they should and the mounts are easily available compared to other options. £30 on eBay gets you every possible mount you would need plus a case.

Mines used for trackways mainly and the odd piss about. but pound for pound its hard not to justify compared to say a £300 Go pro 4 for most people.
By Evostance
Mark wrote:Been looking in to this again, however can not warrant the price of a gopro! (It will no doubt be a phase item and lobbed in the cuboard as I'm not extreme) so.... Seen something called an SJCAM sj4000 can be picked up for around 50 notes and apparently comparable with the entry level gopro, anyone had or seen any usage?
They're supposed to be fairly good, look on YouTube at video from them. Theft struggle in anything other than super bright daylight, so expect them to be pretty naff in the UK.

If you plan doing anything HD, GoPros are what you want. You can't compare the quality and even though the more expensive ones might seem like marketing, they're really is quite the difference

I spent £280 on my Hero 3+ Black for my holiday in Florida and it was money well spent.
The video quality is outstanding

I think the Hero 3+ Black ranks between the mid range and top range Hero 4 for image quality, but obviously lacks more so in features

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]