The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
By Adey
smartie wrote:Really want to love it, wanted to get another R. Expect the performance is pretty great but only a mother could love those looks.
:?: Was that bit meant for here?
By smartie
Adey wrote:
smartie wrote:Really want to love it, wanted to get another R. Expect the performance is pretty great but only a mother could love those looks.
:?: Was that bit meant for here?
Appears not. :lol:
By m1ke
I'm upgrading my monitor for fathers day. By the time SWBF comes out I'll be gaming in 4k downscaled to 1080p.

I have £400 to spend on a 24/23" monitor. (27 is too big) it must be 144hz, 1ms and have gsync. I'll be running dual GTX980's very soon and have no idea what type of monitor is best.

HELP!
By EvoStu
m1ke wrote:I'm upgrading my monitor for fathers day. By the time SWBF comes out I'll be gaming in 4k downscaled to 1080p.

I have £400 to spend on a 24/23" monitor. (27 is too big) it must be 144hz, 1ms and have gsync. I'll be running dual GTX980's very soon and have no idea what type of monitor is best.

HELP!
Do you really need GSync? If you do look at the AOC G2460UPG. £330 will get this.
By smartie
All that power and sticking to 1080p seems silly. :)

Plenty of 144hz monitors to choose from. Not sure gsync is required when you will be pushing a load of frames with that setup any way.
By Wilkeh
980 SLi is a tad overkill for 1080p Mike :)
By danneth

Been watching these, though seems there are TONS of issues, poor build quality, excessive backlight bleed and dead pixels. Hopefully he got a good one?
His seems good no dead pixels and no sign of bleeding, not sure about the build quality only had a peak at battlefield on it etc but no bad reports so far.
By EvoStu
smartie wrote:All that power and sticking to 1080p seems silly. :)

Plenty of 144hz monitors to choose from. Not sure gsync is required when you will be pushing a load of frames with that setup any way.
I'm running 3 AOC 144hz non G Sync monitors on my single Titan X sim rig, and it runs like a dream.

I tried a couple of G Sync monitors from a friend and I genuinely couldn't see the point.
By EvoStu
smartie wrote:Fury X, Fury Nano, Fury X2......look interesting. :)
Huge power and potential for the money. Seems to be quite power hungry and relatively noisy in some setups, and once again AMD's drivers are letting them down.
By smartie
EvoStu » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:54 pm wrote:
smartie wrote:Fury X, Fury Nano, Fury X2......look interesting. :)
Huge power and potential for the money. Seems to be quite power hungry and relatively noisy in some setups, and once again AMD's drivers are letting them down.
Pretty underwhelming from what I can see(The Fury X that is), slower in most cases than a 980Ti with huge pump whine issues.

The 3rd party Ti's absolutely muller them too.

Only really seems worthwhile in Crossfire X due to some pretty great multi GPU scaling.

Maybe DX12 or a price drop will make them more appealing.
By EvoStu
Yeah I looked at them this week in a machine. Concept is great, reality not so much. The drivers are buggy as hell and performance in games really quite erratic. 980Ti is a better buy.

Just about to start speccing up my new office equipment. The new Skylake platforms are incredible.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]