The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Know of a stolen car? Post the details here and lets find it!
There have been a few examples of thieves breaking in to steal car keys from houses recently.

Whilst it might mean a bit more hassle, please remember not to leave your car keys in obvious, and especially visible, places. :idea:

Personally I always tend to have them in my pocket and at night they're tucked up safe about 6 inches from the bed.

Most thieves are cowards who would rather avoid confrontation if they're going to break into your house, so try to remove the opportune elements to discourage them.

If there are any crime prevention officers on the board, perhaps they might want to give some more advice?

Please avoid spamming this thread with banter or arguments. :!:
By Ephem
would it be a good or stupid idea to seperate the central locking remote and the key?

e.g. I have my central locking remote with my house keys which are seperate from the actual car key.
By dave_sw1
knew there had to be some advantage to living in a flat, if they want my keys they have no idea which of 5 flats to rob.
By Type-Robbo
Car is locked in garage, with a car parked in front that is alarmed and crook locked.

My killer cat and hamster are also on standby.......
By smiler
Maybe you should increase the size of this post to say a full size advert :roll:
Sorry but after reading the new posts about keys being stolen peeps should start to use there brain we now live in a shity scumbag thieving country where the police dont give a feck
Rant over :x
Lets be careful out there guys hide the feckin keys :wink:
By Wade
Ephem wrote:would it be a good or stupid idea to seperate the central locking remote and the key?

e.g. I have my central locking remote with my house keys which are seperate from the actual car key.
Now thats a good idea, the bleeper hanging off my keys does my head in! I would tell you where I keep my keys and the spares but i'd have to kill you all.
By Mark
sugarpuff wrote:Buy yourself a rotwieler or pitbull and hang keys on its collar at night ha ha

i tryed that but the when the misses turns over the keys jingle :P
I must admit I learnt the hard way, had them in my handbag which was in the front room, was upstairs the aholes came in and nicked my bag and then my car.... my keys always stay with me now, I even take them to bed :lol: :lol:
ive got a 2 year old son,if some scum bag decides he wants to smash my door in to get my car keys i dont want them coming up stairs and walking into his room looking for them so i leave em where they can be seen when your in the house.if there serious enough to break into a house to get a car then who knows what theyll do once in the house. its only a car and its insured it aint worth the risk of confrontation imho.
By lkbctr1
abrad wrote:Hide mine in the wifes knickers it's safer than Fort Nox Ha Ha :wink:
dont be so sure :wink:
By paget
i found out for myself how easy it is to get keys through the letter box with a hook, or large stick.
i accidently left mine on the side when i ran in to get something, left them there then closed the door. only took me a few minutes to get them back.

keep them away from the ledge by the front door :!:

Paget
By adam.
danny14578 wrote:ive got a 2 year old son,if some scum bag decides he wants to smash my door in to get my car keys i dont want them coming up stairs and walking into his room looking for them so i leave em where they can be seen when your in the house.if there serious enough to break into a house to get a car then who knows what theyll do once in the house. its only a car and its insured it aint worth the risk of confrontation imho.
That's my outlook too. I'd rather they took what they wanted as quick as they could.

I had my first car stolen, and have been burgled. I'd happily let the scum crash and burn.
By mat
my place got burgled last thursday they took all my mums relatives jewllery and had to jump out my bedroom window when she came home, csi bloke said 'the best thing to stop theives is getting an alarm fitted to your home, they'll see the box and walk on by'

personally i keep my spare keys in the pocket of a washbag full of shower and hair gels (or do i??) and my usual keys in my pockets so they're always with me.

mat.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]