The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Know of a stolen car? Post the details here and lets find it!
By rodanmk2
Most policies that allow you to drive someone else's car have as a condition that the other car that you will be driving - the one that "isn't yours" has to have it's own insurance held seperately too.

Not so that you can claim on it instead of yours, but to ensure that people don't skank the system.

Not that I am inferring you are doing that. Good God no.

But I would check it out if I were you.
rodanmk2 wrote:Most policies that allow you to drive someone else's car have as a condition that the other car that you will be driving - the one that "isn't yours" has to have it's own insurance held seperately too.

Not so that you can claim on it instead of yours, but to ensure that people don't skank the system.

Not that I am inferring you are doing that. Good God no.

But I would check it out if I were you.
I did trust me because tge cars i drive are all candidates to get pulled over and that is true with sone insureres but my last ones kwikfit and now quinn direct let you do it without that car having its own cover its not skanking the system im still paying alot as im covered on a cupra r its just nice that i can drive my other (girlfriends cars!) when i want and when i feel im board of one :salut:
By clarky88
white-n-black wrote:Its good you got it back but the insurance thing next time get the person whos name you put it in to sign for it! My insurance is kindve the way you have done it ive insured my cupra r in my name but im covered to drive anyother car thats not in my name and that car doesnt have to be insured just taxed and moted im with quinn direct it just means if anythjng happens its only covered third party so you loose out its just upto you if you can afford to take the risk and loose out on the car! Let us know how it comes back to you ie condition or just a shell!
I'm with Quinn direct and "any other vehicle" I drive must be insured for me to be insured on it.
clarky88 wrote:
white-n-black wrote:Its good you got it back but the insurance thing next time get the person whos name you put it in to sign for it! My insurance is kindve the way you have done it ive insured my cupra r in my name but im covered to drive anyother car thats not in my name and that car doesnt have to be insured just taxed and moted im with quinn direct it just means if anythjng happens its only covered third party so you loose out its just upto you if you can afford to take the risk and loose out on the car! Let us know how it comes back to you ie condition or just a shell!
I'm with Quinn direct and "any other vehicle" I drive must be insured for me to be insured on it.
how old are you im 31 you have to be over 25 for them to let you do it my way and driving for so many years
By clarky88
22. That's odd you'd think it would be anyone under 25 cannot drive any other car and anybody 25 an over can.
clarky88 wrote:22. That's odd you'd think it would be anyone under 25 cannot drive any other car and anybody 25 an over can.
Insurance is odd mate All companys and policies are different depends on the client i know im covered to do it from getting pulled on motorway runs in the cars that arent covered anyway enough said this insurance lark has jack the authors thread

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]