The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Tips for getting that Show Car shine.
By Cal3
So i have a Milano red Fn2 and ive been thinking to myself recently it looks very dull compared to a few other red fn2's around.
Does anyone had any idea the best way to get the brightness back? Bearing in mind i do polish it every so often, but i dont know if there is something else out there on the market that would help?
Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated :D
By J@mes

i joke I joke

Take it for a professional detail if you have the money would be my suggestion, if it bothers you that much.
By thorno_58
Cal3 wrote:So i have a Milano red Fn2 and ive been thinking to myself recently it looks very dull compared to a few other red fn2's around.
Does anyone had any idea the best way to get the brightness back? Bearing in mind i do polish it every so often, but i dont know if there is something else out there on the market that would help?
This is what I would do :
1, wash
2, clay / de tar.
3, polish (something like auto glym super resin)
4, seal (poor boys paint sealant or auto glym extra gloss etc)
5, coat it up with some wax of your choice.

Should bring it back to life :-)
By billster
thorno_58 wrote:
Cal3 wrote:So i have a Milano red Fn2 and ive been thinking to myself recently it looks very dull compared to a few other red fn2's around.
This is what I would do :
1, wash
2, clay / de tar.
3, polish (something like auto glym super resin)
4, seal (poor boys paint sealant or auto glym extra gloss etc)
5, coat it up with some wax of your choice.

Should bring it back to life :-)
This will do it. About a day's work to do it properly and a few quid on materials that you haven't already got- I guess around a hundred for everything you would need.

Or take it to a detailer and get them to do it.
By Cal3
Ive got the full auto glym set that i use on it every second week plus the megiaurs clay bar and tar remover. Even with these i still think it looks pretty dull. Maybe my best bet is just getting a respray.....
By jtc
Autoglym, apart from SRP, is pretty generic and not that great.

What you really need is a decent wax/sealant that'll make the colour more vibrant.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]