The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Tips for getting that Show Car shine.
By F0YSAL
I have a NHB ep3, I polished it using a DA around 6 months ago and it looked much better than what it did before. However after taking it to a car wash recently the car is swirled all over again. I want to do a full restoration on the paint and wanted to know if wet sanding is safe and if anybody has wet sanded their Honda to remove light scratches and swirls.

Thanks
By mjhamilton
Why did you take it to a car wash? Worst thing you can do to soft honda paint
By Lewisgame
Rubbing it down will be far to abrasive.
Black is difficult to get good as it shows up swirl marks very easily in sun light. Chances are when you polished it previously you didn't get all the swirl marks out or even created your own.
By K333RNW
Depending in how deep the swirls are, 2k or 1.5k wet dry, or may even just get away with a good abrasive compound cutting paste.
By yella
NO

however if you do wet sand it, please video it.

Wet sanding should only be attempted by pros and even they get it wrong. I doubt any of them would do it on Honda paint,
By CTR-Asch
I am with Yella here.

Without the right washingprocedure the swirls will be back next time you wash it.
Wedsanding isnt needed to remove swirls. Polish and compound should be sufficient.
And without any experience the risk of going through the paint while sanding is high.
By Dixy1987
I'm not saying go ahead and do it by any means, however Eric Sn@il wet sanded his and the results looked good. There are pictures in his build thread.
By jtc
Anyone can fully detail a car these days, it's easy with all the stuff you can buy at Halfords. Do it! [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By F0YSAL
I wanted to wet sand to get that new fresh paint finish because although it removes swirls small hairline scratches remain when using quality products with a DA
By mjhamilton
If you have already had a go with a DA having a go with wet sanding and then the DA again probably won't end well
By dnz 21
Have you ever checked your paint out with a PTG? Be VERY careful on EP3 paint if you dont know what your doing dont even attempt wet sanding it
By epchop
Don't wet sand unless you have a paint depth reader or if you're professionally trained, doing it properly will take a few days as well.
What polish and pads did you use?
A microfiber pad on a DA with Meg's D300 with eliminate pretty much all swirls with about 4 passes.
I did my wife's heavily swirled fn2 with a green hex pad and menzerna super finish and had great results.
By Ben_ep33
Sorry to jack the thread ... As I have a NHB ep3 too and I'm aware the paint is very soft I have some meguires 105&205 polish .. To remove the swirls however I'm unsure what pads to use Hurd hexlogic ones are good any recommendations please ?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]