The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Tips for getting that Show Car shine.
By Gaz225R
I should be picking my 59 plate champ white type r up next tuesday cant wait

Can yous please give me some advise on what products to use on it to keep it clean? what would yous recommend using on the alloys?I know they will be a nightmare to keep clean

Looking to keep the paintwork in best condition as possible and swirl free my current black ep3 type r was full of swirls when I got it dont want this to happen to my champ white

Thanks
By Sam_EP3
If you are prepared to take the wheels off, then giving them a good clean with a ph neutral wheel cleaner to remove any brake dust and road grime, possibly give them a light polish, then a sealant or rim wax. While the wheels are off maybe consider cleaning the inner arches with a diluted APC and low pressure washer. As for the body, white will hide swirls alot better than NHB, regular washing with a mitt and a decent shampoo will keep it looking good over the winter months, with the possibility of a polish and wax to help guard against build up of salt. As the weather improves, treat the car to a clay session to remove and tar and grime that has bonded to the paintwork followed by a polish and wax. Auto Glym SRP gives good results for relatively little effort, I've always rated Bilt Hamber clay bars and chemical guys or poorboys waxes and sealants.
By FireBIade2
Pretty good advice there already, I would consider IronX for the wheel and I've heard something called C5 being quite good with excellent durability e.g. > 3 months. I haven't tried any myself yet as I have some Poorboys wheel sealant to get through first.

http://gtechniq.com/shop/3s-for-cars/ex ... el-armour/

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/s ... p?t=189099
By dnz 21
Depending how bad the wheels are after washing them id be using either a clay bar or Tardis followed by Iron X. Might as well give the tyres a scrub with some APC while your on giving the wheels a good clean. Pointless having nice clean wheels with dirty un-dressed tyres. C5 is the best thing for alloys going in my opinion. Not cheap but it does a great job

Body side of it pretty much the same thing. Wash, clay, Tardis then Iron X. I would follow that up with Shine and Seal then Body Wrap. If you order some C5 id get some G1 for the glass, T1 for the tyres and some C4 for the black trim while your on
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]