The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Tips for getting that Show Car shine.
By Shockabuku
If you want a decent finish, yep! I used to take two bottles into the shower, but now I just use a water blade (Autoglym one) & a towel for the remaining few drops. Works a treat and loads quicker than drying the whole car with a towel/shammois (sp?).
By BadBoy
noticed that blade.. does it not leave any marks?
By Shockabuku
BadBoy wrote:noticed that blade.. does it not leave any marks?
Not at all. I was a bit worried when I first got it too, but it's top notch. Have been using the same one for years now, first on my S3 & now on the CTR. Only thing to be careful with is that you don't accidentally hit the paintwork with the handle bit of the blade...I've only done it once but it did scrape a bit of paint off. You have to be a bit careless to do that though (like me!).
By Wrath
Yep, i'd go with the water blade then towel dry option too; albeit i use the Swissol blade and cloths instead.
Leaving it to dry naturally usually means you get crusties where the minerals in our water evapourates.
By Chris_T
Meguairs drying towel (can't remember what its called).

If the water blade is similar to the turtle wax one, make sure there is no dirt on the car or the blade or you'll put some nasty scrathes on the car.
By adster
I can quite catagorically state that the single most effective thing I have ever discovered about the perfect finish after cleaning a car is a terry towel (such as the Meguiars Drying Towel) it gets rid of every little drop and mark and really makes your car gleam!
By MR G
I use an Autoglym 'Aqua Dry' synthetic leather,good for about a dozen washes,but then starts to leave streaks if you aint careful :(
Might try this Meguairs Terry towel next 8)
By jimsmac
adster wrote:I can quite catagorically state that the single most effective thing I have ever discovered about the perfect finish after cleaning a car is a terry towel (such as the Meguiars Drying Towel) it gets rid of every little drop and mark and really makes your car gleam!
I've got the Meguiars Ultimate Wipe, is that a terry towel?

James (who has no idea what a terry towel is)
By adster
If it's white and is basically soft towel that you could dry your face with then yes it is. I think the only other thing they do is a "waffle weave" chamois leather replacement thing...
By MR G
jimsmac wrote:
adster wrote:I can quite catagorically state that the single most effective thing I have ever discovered about the perfect finish after cleaning a car is a terry towel (such as the Meguiars Drying Towel) it gets rid of every little drop and mark and really makes your car gleam!
I've got the Meguiars Ultimate Wipe, is that a terry towel?

James (who has no idea what a terry towel is)

No, the Ultimate Wipe is a microfibre cloth best used for 'waxing off'

The Terry towel is basically a high quality white towel :wink:
By Chris_T
I have both.
By jimsmac
MR G wrote:
No, the Ultimate Wipe is a microfibre cloth best used for 'waxing off'

The Terry towel is basically a high quality white towel :wink:
Ah, and mighty fine it is too at getting the wax off. I'm off in search of an autoglym blades and terry towels this weekend then. :D
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]