The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Those Complete Power Boosting & Drivetrain Mods..
Forum rules: 
Please keep personal insults to yourselves.
Opinions and discussion are welcomed but the name calling and petty retorts are now becoming tiresome and getting in the way of what would otherwise be a great section with a lot of useful information.
Personally insulting posts and those serving little purpose except to incite argument will be removed and authors warned. FYI, we operate a multiple warning and automatic ban system.
By K333RNW
Right, lets not let this get into a "your a cock" or "what's the point your car is sh-t" etc etc

I'm simply looking into putting a turbo on the ep, I want something that's going spool up quick and low in the rev range so I can get full boost out of it.... I was looking at a T28 from say a skyline etc, those things rung 300+ all day and not sweat....

Any other ideas?
By jonezy
Power goals? And what sort of spool ? Forged or oem internals?

Assuming you are going for an oem ish setup with around 400bhp max, you want quite a big turbo as slower spool reduces shock load (think I got that right) and can make wheelspin easier to tame.

If I was to do it again I would use a journal bearing garret gtx3076R or equivalent Possibly with a bigger exhaust housing too suck as .82.

Anything gt30-gt35 size will be fine though. Also depends on manifold design and the space you have?
By jonezy
Gt30 or equivalent. Log manis aren't as efficient so don't quite make as high a power so the slightly bigger than necessary turbo will help.

Think a precision 3231E will be about right and will be easier to fit as it doesn't require water cooling. Same turbo TDI used to use on their log mani street kits until they started using borg warners.

What log mani you getting?
By K333RNW
I haven't dug deep into re-search yet buti am looking more and more into it,

I've seen a few in eBay, but a bit hesitant about them, but being cast I would of thought they would be ok? I have seen a guy in here using a GT2871 and has a very good spool up time on the revs.... Which I why I was asking the question.... As I was looking into getting a t28 as mentioned :)
By jonezy
Yeah I know ericsnail uses one and seems to work well. I would be worried about being on boost at motorway cruising speeds with that thing!

A gt28 will be way better than a t28. The older T turbos are dinosaurs designed to work with low compression not so high revving poor flowing older engines. Complete opposite of k20. As long as you got gt28 or bigger will be fine

Avoid "eBay" cheapy turbos, none of them are the same, inconsistent so when one fails you get another which will behave different. The cost of precision and borg warner is so competitive I wouldn't even waste the time on eBay turbos

Will do a video of mine to show what the spool is like on something bigger
By K333RNW
Cool, see where I live there isn't a lot of motorways and dual carrigways, there's mainly B roads and single lanes..... So that's why I'm thinking smaller turbo, quicker spool up, quicker power.... But I'm properly way off the mark lol
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]