The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Have a problem with your CTR? Tell us about them here...

does your car pull to a side for no reason?

Pulls to the Left
25%
Pulls to the Right
52%
Does not pull
23%
Pulling to the right might be back brake problem, I have had a similar problem and been told by the dealer that there are some rear brake problems with the CTR in that they stick on, dont know why it would always make it pull to the right though, seams like most of us have right pulling problems?
By TonyCTR
Re my post a couple of weeks ago.

Just now taken delivery of the new CTR (the old one will be appearing at auction in the Darlaston area shortly - good buy for someone).

Have to say CTR2 does not exhibit any tendancy to pull to the right or left on new POTS tyres. And my subjective impression - it rides better and suffers less from road noise than CTR1 also on the same POTS RE04 tyres at the time of delivery.

So my assessmsent is that it is possible to have a CTR that does not pull...whatever the dealer etc may say. :lol:

T
By M40RMY
Mark
Pulls to the right
Voted
By Foxy Red
I'm glad it's not just me then.... mine pulls to the right too. I've only just bought it (on Friday 22/7!!) I thought it was just me getting know to a new car.... and it's got the paint work issue.....

We definately need to take this to honda- Well done for raising it as an issue!!

....However the gripes go though, everything else is perfect and I love my new car :)!!!

PS- It's an '04 type r with 14.5k miles on it.
By Jocelyn Hills
Mine pull wherever the camber goes but on perfectly straight roads it's fine.
By jas3074
yes pull's to the right
By impc
On stright roads it's ok, otherwise it steers with road camber.

On uneven roads, under acceleration it torque steers also :P
It's good to have some feedback :)

----impc
By guru
voted - no problems at all, mines a 54 plate ctr. i work in the trade on jaguars if the cars pulling to the left then when u drive in the centre of the road out of the camber of the road and it drives sraight then the car is fine but if it still pulls then you have problem and if the car pulls to the right then there is an even bigger problem. when carrying out a geometry check on vehicles we use disks from the manufacturers of the machine, not the dealer as in jag or honda for eg. these disks may be old disks with older tolerences also these tolerences can have alot of allowances either way. maybe when any of u guys take your cars to the dealers make sure you go out with a technician to show him what u are experiencing take some tape out with you so you can mark the steering wheel straight position, (maybe the steering wheel is out and needs sraightening before any adjustments are started) once the dealer has done the geo check/adjust ask for the printout and maybe people could post these on here and compare them!! :!: Also anyone out there whos car drives ok and for whatever reason has a print out could post theirs to compare

sorry its a long one guys,

deano
By hawes
To the right.
By Seanie Lad
I wouldn't say mine pulled to the right but the steering wheel is off centre . if u hold the wheel straight then yeah it goes to the right but if let the wheel find its own centre an stick to that it doesnt pull but ur wheel isn't straight does this make any sense lol. i was told its the front wheels not tracked up right an that the wheel needs clampin straight an adjusting to that . :? :?
By tr0121
Pulls to the right, mainly on motorway at 70 mph if I accelerate a little, then when I ease off I almost end up in the left hand lane cause I have been fighting with the steering wheel. Basically I can steer my car on the motorway by just accelerating and easing off.
Had same problem with my car as many others on here,pulled and drifted to right violently took it my dealer but he told me it was fine and nothing wrong, went on holiday and was so bad did not want to drive it ,took it kwik fit first they said tracking was perfect then went to Honda dealer in Ascot they said the toe-in on front was out and camber was out on rear changed it now goes perfectly
welsh911 wrote:Had same problem with my car as many others on here,pulled and drifted to right violently took it my dealer but he told me it was fine and nothing wrong, went on holiday and was so bad did not want to drive it ,took it kwik fit first they said tracking was perfect then went to Honda dealer in Ascot they said the toe-in on front was out and camber was out on rear changed it now goes perfectly
Quickfit are a bunch of morons. They put the tyres on a friends car on backwards.... Good job he noticed and didn't take it on the motorway or something seeing as they're only graded to do 30 in reverse
By *AL*
Mine seems fine. 8)
By matt580551
Any news on this? Anyone know how to fix?
By nixy
Had mine a few weeks its a 53 reg and I noticed it pulls to the right slightly - thought it needed tracking doing until i looked on here! Any advice? Do I need to go to the dealer?
By drino
Get a 4 wheel alignment not just front aligment...
The rear is adjustable and can make a lot of differance...

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]