The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Have a problem with your CTR? Tell us about them here...

does your car pull to a side for no reason?

Pulls to the Left
25%
Pulls to the Right
52%
Does not pull
23%
By sparky.2002
used to pull to right - now it doesnt

solution ..

michelin pilots on front - tracking NOT adjusted
By bunnykins
sparky.2002 wrote:used to pull to right - now it doesnt

solution ..

michelin pilots on front - tracking NOT adjusted
how old is your car ?

and what size are the pilots ?

if u dont have a problem - its best not to touch it !!
By J
No pulling - yet :!:
By owgees
Mine was fine until about 12-15,000k. then the steering got tricky to control when flooring the gas. Plus, whenever I came accross an uneven stretch of road, I had to whiteknuckle my steering wheel to keep going in a straight line. Needed new tires (after about 6 mnths) and it was winter here in Germany so I had to put on snow tires, and the problem stopped. IMO, either the tires had worn unevenly, or the tracking/balancing had messed up, or both. Though I Cruella DeVille my car everywhere I go, it should take the punishment since this is why I bought it!

Has anyone who has put new tires on (and I think most garages would check alignmet and balacing at the same time) continued to have the same problem AFTER the replacement?
By TurnItUp
Definately pulling to the right. Don't know if it's anything to do with the suspension arms (which are booked in for a look over) or just another random problem.
By TheRedBaron
has anyone apart from me contacted HONDA about this NOT the dealer HUK?
By slick_ric
Mines solid as a rock. Even 100+ on motorway, you can let go of the wheel and go to sleep.

Not that I do that though!!! :oops:
By TheRedBaron
SKING666 wrote:has anyone apart from me contacted HONDA about this NOT the dealer HUK?
By strayrex
yup mine pulls to the right too!!

watch out for those white lines and ants too!!
By Richrolo
strayrex wrote:yup mine pulls to the right too!!

watch out for those white lines and ants too!!
What year is yours? and what tyres you got on it?
By strayrex
and its got a bridgestone on the front left and a potenza on the front right but i didnt put them on i brought it in my maids outfit them on only had it 3 weeks
By strayrex
oops!!!
its got 2 bridgestone potenza,s on the front

i didnt look properly
(wot a nob)
and ive only had it 3 weeks
(ive already said that )

no more excuses
By MCC
Me to. Honda have tried 4 times to fix it (charging me for the first three as "I had probably curbed it or something"!) Fourth time the adjusted the front suspension to try and sort the problem. It didn't but Honda UK refused to pay the £200 charge under the warrantly. After sending them a letter they agreed to meet the fee.

Next step - to get them to fix the problem!! Those who have have it fixed - how did they do it??

Please let me know as this is really doing my t*ts in and after having read all your similar experiences, I am close to simply raising a court action against them.
By strayrex
SKING666 wrote:has anyone apart from me contacted HONDA about this NOT the dealer HUK?
yup i contacted HUK a couple of weeks ago by email

and i aint heard a thing off them
By natrtype
[quote="MCC"]Me to. Honda have tried 4 times to fix it (charging me for the first three as "I had probably curbed it or something"!) Fourth time the adjusted the front suspension to try and sort the problem. It didn't but Honda UK refused to pay the £200 charge under the warrantly. After sending them a letter they agreed to meet the fee.

Next step - to get them to fix the problem!! Those who have have it fixed - how did they do it??

Please let me know as this is really doing my t*ts in and after having read all your similar experiences, I am close to simply raising a court action against them.[/quote
I wrote registered post to the Managing Director and the dealership I purchased the car from and the finance company to reject the car.They replaced the entire steering rack plus bearings and it was totally oK after that.You have to persevere!!I have traded it in for the new model now.
By Sfakman
Mine pulls to the right too but I put it down to torque steer but then I don't really know a lot about car stuff so I'm probably wrong. The garage put a new set of tires on the car when I brought it and they are a cheap brand so it could easily be them I guess - I'll upgrade to a better make when the time comes.

It (pulling to the right) happened twice yesterday and on both occasions almost killed me as it sent me towards traffic on the other side of the road - scared the crap out of me. Road conditions were dry.

Generally though, I've not had too much of a problem - it only ever happens when I put my foot down.
By dave17
Picked up my CTR last Thusrday on a 03 plate. It pulls like a train to the right and the steering wheel is also out to the right. Has anybody had problems with front wheel bearings also, the n/s/f bearing is very noisey, the cars done 18,000 miles. it also has a problem with the power steering cutting out with doing 3 point turns etc. I've been to my local dealer and they are replacing the bearing and steering rack under warranty, is this a common fault ?
By MJB_TYPE_R
Mine pulls to the right. Wheel also is pointing slightly left when going in straight line. BUT! If you hold the wheel tight in this position and just accelerate, it pulls quite strongly to the right. Frustrating as a frustrating thing! :?
By thesoulkeeper
Had the car a few weeks now. Done 2000 miles and no problems with the steering or anything else so far. (Touch wood)

Laters.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]