The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Have a problem with your CTR? Tell us about them here...
By juz1
Mikey R wrote:I had this problem, turned out to be cat heat shield.
same here it was totally shot. Got an new exhaust as well, but there is still a sleight buzz at around 3700 4000 rpm. No where near as bad as it was before, but there still is a noise which I have never noticed before. I don't know I am just trying to deal with, but its more annoying no its quieter.
By Superman001
dutch wrote:I have the dreaded heatshield rattle ffs, cars on 71k Took it's fucking time. Another job for the list of jobs needing done :bad-words:
Next time she's on a ramp mate rip the fu*ker off :twisted:
By Johnnyswitch81
I had the rattle as well at 3500rpm , turned out to be the cat heatshield, was thinking of using a large metal jubilee clip to secure it, in the end I cut it off, I love the way the car sounds now, no more rattle, like having a new car!!!!
By Ros
Well, my heatshield started that damned rasp-buzz last year - garage just took it off. Dealer said they'd've done the same as the cost of a replacement system wasn't justifiable when taking the shield off wouldn't casue any harm.
Have to admit, I thought for a couple weeks that the cars smelt of too hot paint from underneath, but I was assured it was fine and indeed the car is fine exhaust-wise ( and if the car's seeing this, I never said that - and you've had thousands spent on you recently so you ain't getting anything else!)
By Ros
Oh, just don't park on tall dry grass though after a run, cos you'll set a fire with no shield (so I'm told).
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]