The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By sweetz
Well i thought it was about time that i started one of these considering I've owned the Civic almost 2 months now and made steady progress on modifications already.

The Type R was bought as a second car to be used purely for fun at the weekend, my serious car (if you can call it that) is a Mk 2 TT but I've always wanted a Type R and fell in love with the EP3 shape way back when it was first launched, timing has never been right though for me to own one...until now.

This is the day i decided to purchase the car; completely unmodified clean, straight example with Full Honda Service History, circa 65k on the clock with a private plate thrown in with the sale... overall very happy indeed.

I also managed to pick up an AEM induction kit on the way home for a bargain so that was swiftly fitted.

My first priority was to tidy up some minor irritations so aero wiper blades were fitted along with a new battery and i also replaced all interior bulbs throughout the car with super bright SMD's.

One other issue that was bugging me was the 'far from perfect' faded paint so i sent the car off for a full Stage 3 paint correction and detail at a cost of nearly £500.00. The results were night and day so it was worth every penny.

Next on my list was always going to be lowering the car as they sit ridiculously high as standard. It was either going to be a set of Eibach lowering springs or coilovers, in the end i plumped for a set of fully height and damper adjustable coilovers from Tegiwa.

Which when fitted and lowered around 35mm looked like this...

After letting the car height settle for a week i still wasn't entirely happy with the ride height so the car was then dropped a further 10-15mm sitting at around -45/50mm from standard. Whilst this was done, i also decided to fit a 4-2 manifold with a Sports Cat to follow.

This is how the car now currently sits...

That same weekend, this happened...

and the following week, this happened...

Other than a few additional minor mods (DMB front and rear custom gel badges, de-wipered and embossed plates) that's all for now.

Big future plans though so watch this space.
By sweetz
It's been some time since i last updated the progress, most of which relates to the engine bay. First off, was the removal and sale of the AEM induction kit in favour of the Tegiwa induction kit. The AEM was getting far too much heat soak and without a heat shield was provided absolutely no performance benefit so i decided to switch this for the Tegiwa kit which looks and sounds awesome!

I've also installed an RBC manifold which required a section of the slam penal to be cut away and was a right bitch to fit but now its in place I'm really happy with it.

In addition to the performance mod's, I picked up a second hand Tegiwa strut brace, Tegiwa nylon gear knob, Tegiwa socks and Skunk2 dress up washers/bolts.

The Engine bay as it currently stands;

I've also managed to pick up a decent set of Evo Enkei 8 alloys, they will need a refurb and new tyres but I'm changing the colour anyway so its not a big deal. Hopefully I'll have them re-finished and on the car within the next few weeks.

A quick couple of pictures as the car currently stands;

Next mods will be a full exhaust system, 421 mani and a remap at Eurospec.
By sweetz
mattybond wrote:Have you fit the RBC and not got it mapped yet? If so is it running fine?
Not mapped yet, running absolutely fine, no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Added in 1 minute 49 seconds:
New rocker cover and refurbished Enkei 8 alloys fitted...

ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]