The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By *nub*
Getting some replacement Tegiwa back boxes fitted tomorrow which will hopefully make the bloody exhaust quiet again so I can make some videos ! Recent pic: Image
By *nub*
Short video inside with the quieter exhaust and a 2nd gear pull. iPhone mic isn't great and VSA does trigger momentarily as its like 7 degrees and there are dips on the road but you get the idea. Also I have a habit of shifting a bit too early

https://vimeo.com/163859900

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By *nub*
I tried to do a driveby this morning. the aim was to drive by redlining at the end of second gear but because the roads were still wet it span up in 2nd and so I had to drive past at like 5000rpm in 3rd instead. I'm a bit disappointed but I might try again Sunday if it's dry. Trouble is by the time the sun dries the roads it becomes too busy. https://vimeo.com/164524739

By *nub*
Small update. Ditched the Enkeis for some slightly heavier Rays gram lights 57 optimise time attack edition. I had them on my EP3, not sure they work as well as on my black EP3 and I know the red stripe is unpopular but I had to buy them and no regrets as they're growing on me. I feel they might look better if it was lowered 30mm, plus I need to get the rear windows tinted soon [emoji6]

ImageImage

By *nub*
It's hardly active on here but I'll keep posting regardless [emoji3]

Really needing a mugen vented bonnet now to finish the front end. my Tegiwa cat back cracked in several places. Got sent a free brand new replacement and it's cracked again so a bit louder than it should be which is annoying as you can't hear the charger as much. I'll give it one more try by welding it otherwise I'll scrap the whole thing and get a solid fab. Next I'm contemplating tints on the rear and I'd like it to be lowered 30/30mm as opposed to the 20/15 on teins. Hardly worth the labour though to be honest.

By wHAmEz
Love the car mate it's looking good. Shame about the zaust[THUMBS DOWN SIGN]
If you're in control you're just not going fast enough
By dweezle
Quite a few fit these in the Fn2 http://www.solarplexius.co.uk/Sun-prote ... ype-r/2009 the problem tinting the rears is the perspex lower strip is a right barsteward to tint & some firms won't attempt it (they need to heat the perspex up & it could either melt or shatter).
The solarplexius black the rears out from the outside but allow you to see from the inside, it's like looking through polarized sunglasses, like a transparent brown.
Easy to fit & they sell on pretty quickly as well
By *nub*
they don't look like true tints at all from outside. You can't see through them but it's more of a brownish mirror, they're not actually black in direct light. Also tried the tints on EBay but I couldn't figure them out, they didn't look particularly black either. I'm not worried about the big rear one, just the two sides [emoji41]

By Stamford78
*nub* wrote:Short video inside with the quieter exhaust and a 2nd gear pull. iPhone mic isn't great and VSA does trigger momentarily as its like 7 degrees and there are dips on the road but you get the idea. Also I have a habit of shifting a bit too early

https://vimeo.com/163859900

Love Gangstarr, was only listening to step into the arena yesterday! R.I.P Guru. Lovely car by the way!!

By *nub*
Well I used to yeah. Kinda grown out of hip hop a bit these days and it was on my random playlist
[emoji846].

By *nub*
Previous owners of my charger were claiming 11-12 psi with 3.0" pulley but I think Paul @ tdi north said 10psi. I think the charge cooler loses 1 psi but you get it back with smaller pulleys. K24 cp also gives more psi I think

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]