The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
I've been a member since 2007 when I bought my first EP3 Type R but never posted.
Since then I've had-
Mk1 Mazda 3 MPS
Mk2 Ford Focus RS
FN2 Civic Type R
E92 M3 Monte Carlo
Seat Leon Cupra 280

I've realised eventually that all along I've need a track car. To that end, I bought a runaround and a EP3 Type R as a track Project.

Its a pre facelift with 79k on the clock.

It currently has-

Fitted by Area Motorsport

Yellow Speed Racing race coil overs
Super Pro Caster bush Kit
DME rear camber arms
Fast road/track setup
Stripped
Sparco Circuit VTR bucket seat
DC Sports Manifold and decat
DC Sports Catback
K&N Typhoon Induction
Hel braided lines
OEM brake discs
CL RC6 pads on the front
EBC blue pads on the rear

Today I went to Eurospec and with the help of Romain, Ben and Ceri now have a Injen CAI and a Hondata K100 fitted and mapped.

So below for graph

Pretty happy with the gains, the car has much better throttle response and a lot more power in the mid range. I'll get an RBC Inlet manifold eventually to get around 230bhp.

I also ordered a Sparco Evo with TRS 5 point harness to kind of match my current seat but without the head restraints.

AND I'm going to Area Motorsports next week to get the following fitted-

1.5 way MFactory Plate LSD with bearings
Exedy OEM Clutch
Fidanza Flywheel
Superpro Rear bush kit
Steering rack raiser
24mm rear ARB
Innovative steel engine mounts 75A
iShift lights
Safety devices Rear cage with X and harness bars
Baffled Sump

The last two won't be fitted for a few more weeks due to not being in stock.

To say I can't wait is an understatement, I've had many cars and superbikes and it feels like this was the car I should have bought a long time ago. I hope its as good as I think it will be.

Here are a few photos of its current state.

Last edited by Mr_gangrel on Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:49 pm, edited 10 times in total.
By Mr_gangrel
Thanks mate, a 250bhp N/A would be perfect!

I live on the South Coast so Brands, Castle Coombe, Thruxton and Goodwood if I can pass the noise restrictions.

Big one for me is the Nordschleife. I've seen Youtube have a 8min 15 BtG but thats it.

I fancy the first sub 8 BtG EP3. (That I can find!)
By Mr_gangrel
It was a good allrounder. Numb steering and felt a little lethargic but had an effective engine. Doesn't set the would alight but not a bad option. Depends what you're after.
By Mr_gangrel
Just an update.

I've replaced the front pads with CL RC6 and Castrol SRF so she stops better now but the big improvements happened yesterday.

Yesterday I went to Area Motorsports/Brosport for some work-

1.5 Mfactory Plate LSD
Exedy Clutch
Fidanza Flywheel
Full polybush
Innotive engine mounts
Rose jointed tie rods
Tegiwa 24mm ARB
Full geo setup

Unfortunately on inspection of my loud rattly baffled DC Sports cat back its obviously blowing as well, so I've ordered a Tegiwa Catback arriving next week. This should be ok for me to get into UK track days with my manifold.

Still to come is the Safety devices rear cage, sump baffle and I shift lights. They will be ready in about 3 weeks.

Here is the Mfactory LSD

I think my old clutch was on its last legs

My Sparco Evo should be here in the next couple of days as well.

Its all coming together.
By Mr_gangrel
Cheers, I've seen your thread looks good. :smile:

After the cage and baffle is in i'll leave it like that for a bit and see how she goes.

I'll see how far off of the cup times I am. :lol:
By Mr_gangrel
A small amount of work today, now I can take a passenger!

Tomorrow the Tegiwa catback should be here and a less rattly car, which will be nice.
By Turkish91
Mine was 1186 with just the rear stripped out, spare wheel still in and stock front seats. You've ripped out LOADS more than me so I'd imagine it will be well under 1150, closer to 1100 pal!
By Mr_gangrel
Tegiwa is on. In my excitement I forgot to get any photos of the exhaust just the box!

Went back to Eurospec to make sure everything was alright, here are the results.

Needs another tweak on the map but that can wait until the inlet manifold.

Next up is the cage, sump baffle and shift lights. Maybe some defi gauges.
By Mr_gangrel
A quick update. Ive just received my road wheels back which have been refurbished by Wheel Works in Crawley. Great job and now in anthracite and shod in Conti sport Contact 3.

My white track wheels will be fitted with the Dunlop Direzza DZ03G that are coming tomorrow from Mr Tyre Motorsport.

Here is a crap photo of the car now. I'll get a better one after I clean her.

Next stop Area Motorsport on a week Friday for new spark plugs, oil filter, oil, skunk2 magnetic sump plugs, sump baffle, safety devices cage and I-shift lights.

Nordschleife trip booked for September and Brands Hatch full day booked in 3 weeks. Can't wait. :Woot:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]