The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By w6ady
I thought it was about time I posted some pictures up and started a build thread. I bought the car about 3 and half years ago and had every intention of keeping it relatively standard. However as we all know once you start modding it's difficult to stop :lol: the first mods were a tegiwa induction and a Unsilenced b pipe. The car stayed like that for about a year whilst I saved up the deposit for our house. Once moved in I started to change things slowly but surely to get the car how I wanted it. This is how it stands at the moment
Full spec list below. Updated 18/03/16

ENGINE -
Tegiwa carbon induction kit
Tegiwa exhaust manifold
Rbc inlet manifold painted crinkle black
Solid Fabrications super silent titanium tip 3" catback
Tdi north stage 2 camshafts
410cc Rdx injectors
Hondata K100 mapped at tdi North 263hp 181lbft
Brencivic painted rocker cover and plug cover
Tegiwa rocker cover washers and probolt nuts
Skunk 2 reservoir covers and rad cap
Ktuned fuel rail with gauge, oil cap and dipstick
Tegiwa battery tie bar
Innovative 60a engine mounts
Energy suspension insert in front engine mount
Clockwise motion baffled sump insert

SUSPENSION -
Meister r zeta r coilovers
Buddyclub rca's
Super pro caster increase bushes
Progress rear roll bar
Jdm front roll bar
Subframe collars
DME rear camber arms
DME rear lower control arms
Steering rack raiser
Hard race front drop links
Fast road setup by area motorsport
Rear arches slightly rolled and fully sealed

GEARBOX -
Mfactory helical LSD with stage 1 race pack
Mfactory 5.4 final drive
Clockwise motion flywheel
1-6 Carbon synchros
Tegiwa short shifter
Tegiwa shifter bushes
Skunk 2 gear knob
New oem Honda shifter mechanism

BRAKES -
Yellowspeed front 330mm bbk
Carbotech xp8 front pads
Stoptech rear discs
Ferodo ds2500 rear pads
Braided lines all round
RBF 600 fluid
Rear calipers painted to match front bbk
Tegiwa master cylinder stopper

WHEELS/TYRES -
Team dynamics pro race 1.2 17x7.5 with Yokohama Ad08r 205 45 17 tyres (road)
Team dynamics pro race 1.2 17x7 with Yokohama a048r 215/45/17 tyres (track)

INTERIOR -
Carbon dipped centre console, door handles, grab handles, dial surround and window buttons
JDM red mats
JDM coin holder
Alpine head unit
Focal power k2 17cm components in front doors
Jl audio 450/4v2 amplifier
JBL basstube
Front doors fully sound deadened
Jdm dash mat
Carbon look door sill covers
Rickhondar footwell light kit in white
Led interior bulbs
Personal neo grinta 330mm steering wheel
Nrg gen 3 quick release in red
Nrg hub
Ecliptech I shift light
Black Leather with red stitching gear and handbrake gaiters
Mugen pedal set and stainless footrest

MISC -
Jazz washer jets

As you can tell the relatively standard ep3 went out the window :lol: I have got a few more things I would like to do to it. Some aftermarket wheels and semi slick tyres are next. Then If funds allow maybe cams and a 3" exhaust. Any comments welcome guys :bigthumb:
Last edited by w6ady on Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:20 pm, edited 7 times in total.
By Ollie milanoctr
Beautiful, nice spec too :-D how do you find using after market engine mounts with the energy inserts? I have the es mount inserts and vibra technics fast road top mount and it feels pretty hardcore to say the least , especially for a daily.
By w6ady
Thanks for the kind words guys :bigthumb: the innovative mounts are a bit hardcore but did stop the wheelhop I was getting which is what I bought them for. I just used a insert in the front mount instead of buying the innovative one as the kit only has the rear mount and the 2 side ones. Was told it wasn't necessary to buy the front innovative mount so had the insert laying around so chucked it in whilst the car was in bits. I don't think I could live with the vibrations and rattling if it was my everyday car but luckily we have my missus's new fiat 500 for that. :lol:
By Ollie milanoctr
w6ady wrote:Thanks for the kind words guys :bigthumb: the innovative mounts are a bit hardcore but did stop the wheelhop I was getting which is what I bought them for. I just used a insert in the front mount instead of buying the innovative one as the kit only has the rear mount and the 2 side ones. Was told it wasn't necessary to buy the front innovative mount so had the insert laying around so chucked it in whilst the car was in bits. I don't think I could live with the vibrations and rattling if it was my everyday car but luckily we have my missus's new fiat 500 for that. :lol:
Yeah it can be hard work as a daily, particularly in stop/ start traffic but makes up for it when opened up on a nice bit of road ! I bet yours is even worse!
By w6ady
The mounts are great when your on it. No wheel hop, improved gear change as no engine movement especially on downshifts. The downside is the vibrations. I knew this when I bought them so no complaints from me. If you enjoy driving your car hard then they are well worth the money in my opinion.
By w6ady
Well after browsing eBay I spotted a bargain and they have arrived today.
Just need to decide on which wheels to purchase to mount them on now. I like oz allegerita wheels but I can't seem to find any information on offsets or anything as want to run different front and rear offsets to clear the bbk on the front and not rub on the rear arches at the back. Got some time to decide though :bigthumb:
By w6ady
I'm not sure what width wheels I'm going to buy yet won't be till later this year. Was looking before at rota force 8j et35 on the front and 7.5j et45 on the rear as they will fit perfect but would like 8j all round just don't want them to rub on the rear. Have only had my arch lip rolled slightly and paid to have them all sealed up so no rust issues. So we'll see. Only bought the tyres due to the price can't go wrong! :bigthumb:
By w6ady
Sure was a steal that's why I purchased them. Cheapest price for 4 I could find was £950 I think. Saw these at that and jumped on them. I believe the seller still has another full set for sale as the ad is still in my watch list on eBay. :bigthumb:
By w6ady
The dot number on the tyres are 5011 which I believe mean they were made in dec 2011. So quite old stock but I believe they will still be ok for that price. Thanks for the comments fellas :bigthumb:
By w6ady
Done a couple of little things last few weeks nothing major. First was a dash mat. After seeing the silly prices these sell for second hand I thought I would ask Honda for a price. To my surprise they were cheaper than the second hand ones :lol:
Secondly were some of Rickhondar footwell lights in white. Apart from me making a bit of a mess fitting them they look great. Nice little mod for the money. They match the interior bulbs I fitted a couple of weeks ago too
Finally after ages having them I fitted a set of rigsby's door sill covers
Couple of pictures I also have of the car and bits I have had done
As usual any comments appreciated guys :D
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]