The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By w6ady
Hi mate thanks for the kind words. I chose the offsets mate after looking how much room I had in the arches. The wheels were purchased from demon tweeks as they had a cracking offer on at the time. Do you have your rear arches rolled at all? Are you going for 7.5" wide wheels?
By cookie16v
w6ady wrote:Hi mate thanks for the kind words. I chose the offsets mate after looking how much room I had in the arches. The wheels were purchased from demon tweeks as they had a cracking offer on at the time. Do you have your rear arches rolled at all? Are you going for 7.5" wide wheels?

I am going to get myself booked in with rob at area motorsports to get them done. I have no idea with et on wheels I just want to get it right. I am also wanting the yellowspeed front brakes like you how are you finding them?. The 7.5j looks spot on buddy sorry to ask you ally he questions I hope you don't mind
By w6ady
No probs with the questions mate that's what the forum is for. If your going to rob @ area to have your arches rolled he will probably roll them pretty much flat. With mine he just bent the lip up slightly as I didn't want them taking flat at the time. If so he will probably recommend 8j wheels et35 as that's what the civic cup cars he has use. Also they look bloody good fitment on a ep3 in that width and offset. The yellowspeed brakes seem really good. I'm am using different pads compared to what comes with the kit. However I never tried the yellowspeed pads so can't tell you what they are like. Would recommend the big brake kit though for the money. I got them 15% off so we're a bargain.
By cookie16v
w6ady wrote:No probs with the questions mate that's what the forum is for. If your going to rob @ area to have your arches rolled he will probably roll them pretty much flat. With mine he just bent the lip up slightly as I didn't want them taking flat at the time. If so he will probably recommend 8j wheels et35 as that's what the civic cup cars he has use. Also they look bloody good fitment on a ep3 in that width and offset. The yellowspeed brakes seem really good. I'm am using different pads compared to what comes with the kit. However I never tried the yellowspeed pads so can't tell you what they are like. Would recommend the big brake kit though for the money. I got them 15% off so we're a bargain.
Cheers mate that's very kind of you. Yeah I think I will get them done flat. That sounds great that way I could run a 225/45r17 couldn't I?. I need to get myself booked in with him as its stopping me get the wheels next. Ohh right what pads are you using in yours?. For the money compared to the stoptech would you say go for them?. Again thanks for your help again buddy any more information would be great

Added in 7 minutes 41 seconds:
Also is it et35 on the fronts and back do you know buddy?.

Added in 21 seconds:
Also is it et35 on the fronts and back do you know buddy?.
By w6ady
For the price difference I can't see how the stoptech brake kit will stop nearly twice as well as these yellow speed brakes. I am using Carbotech xp8 pads with the yellowspeed kit absolutely amazing stopping power. However I have never tried stoptech brakes so maybe I'm wrong but can't see it as my brakes can overcome the grip of semi slick tyres if you press them too hard when warmed up. If you use 8j wheels with your rear arches rolled pretty flat then yeah 225 45 tyres will be fine mate.
By cookie16v
w6ady wrote:For the price difference I can't see how the stoptech brake kit will stop nearly twice as well as these yellow speed brakes. I am using Carbotech xp8 pads with the yellowspeed kit absolutely amazing stopping power. However I have never tried stoptech brakes so maybe I'm wrong but can't see it as my brakes can overcome the grip of semi slick tyres if you press them too hard when warmed up. If you use 8j wheels with your rear arches rolled pretty flat then yeah 225 45 tyres will be fine mate.
I know that rob uses the yellowspeed doesn't he and he can't rate them enough can he as you know he drives his track car hard doesn't he?.
I just want to get it right the 1st time round and I want a good set of brakes as mine is going to be used as a track car. That's good then a 225/45 will do me nicely buddy. Does rob supply everything you need for the yellowspeed kit?.
By w6ady
Yeah speak to rob and he will sort you out mate he is a top bloke. I bought mine direct from yellowspeed as they were 15% off at the time. I believe rob uses the yellowspeed bbk on his endurance car so must be confident in them. The bbk is good stops very well I would recommend them and would defo buy them again. You don't need anything else apart from brake fluid as the kit comes with calipers, discs, lines, fitting kit and pads. I know you can spec floating discs and pad upgrades now as options too with the yellowspeed bbk. Have a chat with rob he'll give you all the options I'm sure.
By cookie16v
w6ady wrote:Yeah speak to rob and he will sort you out mate he is a top bloke. I bought mine direct from yellowspeed as they were 15% off at the time. I believe rob uses the yellowspeed bbk on his endurance car so must be confident in them. The bbk is good stops very well I would recommend them and would defo buy them again. You don't need anything else apart from brake fluid as the kit comes with calipers, discs, lines, fitting kit and pads. I know you can spec floating discs and pad upgrades now as options too with the yellowspeed bbk. Have a chat with rob he'll give you all the options I'm sure.

I think that will be the best option won't it speaking to rob I am sure he will help me out. They do look a great bit of kit I will have a look on the yellowspeed website now at the Brake kits. Can rob get the replacement disc when needed and different pad compound?.
By w6ady
Ok so went tdi north and they have sorted the o2 sensor issue. Turns out it was a short on the secondary sensor. Even though it was turned off in the k100 as its on the same circuit as the primary one it was throwing that fault code. So happy days now that's sorted. going use the car over summer and then start on the underside tidy up during winter.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]