The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By Ollie milanoctr
SurreyEP3 wrote:AH man that sucks,, thought was getting into detailing ? :o the chemical guys Pete's 53 is pretty good, only used one layer in the summer, will be using a few for the winter prep though !
Yeah I know lol it was one of those weekends, filthy car and alot to do so I just got it done lol needless to say I regretted it not long after, it's a shame as they used to be pretty good as hand car washes go!

I'm ordering some goodies over Xmas from clean your car including chemical guys hex logic pads, megs clay kit,bilberry wheel cleaner, ph nutral snow foam and a few other bits and bobs... so that should keep me busy ! To be honest the car was already covered in swirls from the body shop so it needs a full correction :D
By Ollie milanoctr
I know mate It's a brilliant shop, problem is you end up buying more than you intended after a good browse and reading a few reviews :lol: what colour are the evo alloys going to be then ?
By SurreyEP3
Decided I would give the civic it's service yesterday as it was a cloudy day and not raining! I also replaced a faulty Rear lambda sensor and also fitted my new wheels that I picked up on Sunday.

I spent a good 5 hours protecting them for the winter months to come. Wheels were cleaned, De-tarred, clayed, polished twice then 3 coats of Poorboys Pink wheel sealant and then a final coat was applied and left to cure for 16 hours then buffed off ready to be fitted.

The funny thing is, I will be getting rid of them in January for some new wheels, again!

Few snaps of this weekends work, I know the car is filthy, we've had nothing but bad weather this week!

after the treatment, didnt take loads as i had the door open and I was letting the heat out, apparently!

jacked up looking filthy, faulty sensor out and new one fitted, thanks Yella for the replacement!

can tell which is bad and which is good

dont look to bad for 4,800 miles

no metal filings attached :D

4,800 miles later the Miller oil was out, looked spot on in the pan with no muck in it at all! fresh Millers Nanodrive went straight back in with a new oem honda filter

all finished and back on her new wheels, fitted a Jap import plate a few week ago too.

Added in 8 minutes 47 seconds:
I am after a facelift rear silencer for my car, I've been thinking the rear silencer doesn't look right so I looked at my old cosmic premier pics, it showed that perhaps i have the Preface-lift silencer fitted?

The silencer fitted below looks different. The tips are further apart and also look rolled in at the ends where as the cosmic tips look smaller , slash cut type and sit lower on the silencer. the below sits fairly high and the whole silencer sits quite far in the back bumper where as the cosmic sits proud a bit.

Added in 6 minutes 14 seconds:
It's like I have one of these fitted:

But i need one of these:

has any one got a spare facelift silencer kicking around there garage/shed?

Jake
New Wheels look nice against the nhb, very similar to mine :D that exhaust looks like a oem motor factors copy maybe? pre facelift may have been different although I can't see why it would be, it would be too much hassle for honda to change it with no real gain.
Last edited by Ollie milanoctr on Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thanks man, yeah I think there quite similar colours :). I think its a eBay one, cant remember the name but seen them on eBay for under £100. I defo want a OE Honda one as they look much better. Really pleased I have new wheels now, new wheels again in January though :lol:
I now Cant decide between premier recaros or bucket seats. I no longer have to commute long distances to see family as everyone is within 1 hour now and also my work commute is less than 25 minutes on a bad day so comfort isn't essential...
By CiViC-STU
after the treatment, didnt take loads as i had the door open and I was letting the heat out, apparently!
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x Ha ha. Women and old people ey, what can you do with them?? lolz They cannot see that alloys are more important than a well heated house. :!: :idea:
SurreyEP3 wrote:thanks man, yeah I think there quite similar colours :). I think its a eBay one, cant remember the name but seen them on eBay for under £100. I defo want a OE Honda one as they look much better. Really pleased I have new wheels now, new wheels again in January though :lol:
I now Cant decide between premier recaros or bucket seats. I no longer have to commute long distances to see family as everyone is within 1 hour now and also my work commute is less than 25 minutes on a bad day so comfort isn't essential...

In my opinion you should go for premiers again, I love a clean original prem ep3. Or if you are looking to do a few track days and want something abit more supportive you could go for the dc2/5 recaros?
160mph_boy wrote:That backbox is a Klarius version.
Thats the one! Nice one mate.

Added in 51 seconds:
Re: SurreyEP3's Premier edition
CiViC-STU wrote:
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x Ha ha. Women and old people ey, what can you do with them?? lolz They cannot see that alloys are more important than a well heated house. :!: :idea:
If its under 20 degrees my missus will be cold to be honest ! :lol: :roll:
Hi all

For a while now my starter motor has made horrible noises when I first start the engine cold. Where the retro isn't meeting the flywheel correctly and it's free spinning until it engages the flywheel as it should. Well Xmas eve whilst I was opening the gates to my work yard it decided it had had enough and complete packed up. The car was dead and I had to push it into one of the units . I ordered a replacement Xmas eve and it arrived yesterday so I didn't mess about getting the old one out and the new one in. I couldn't find any how to guides here so I found one on a usa forum. The install was a piece of cake and no real struggle at all, if you have a good variety of tools and extensions you will fly through this install within about 2 hours and dry weather. I didn't take millions of pictures, just a few as I went along and when I remembered to take a pic. I also striped down and sprayed my AEM fuel rail and fitted my new Genuine rear silencer that I picked up off AZ supercharged CRX. A new inlet gasket and injector o rings where fitted too for good measure.
Whilst the car was on stands I removed as much of the surface rust as possible under neath and treated it, I then stone chipped the whole under neath and front chassis area to tidy it up . It should be good now for a few years until I do it again.

Started with disconnecting the battery and removing the intake hose and the throttle body

Relieve the pressure from the fuel rail and remove it from the inlet manifold

Disconnect all the rubber hoses from the manifold then go under neath to remove the 2 bolts that secure the manifold brackets to the block, remove all 7 bolts up top and it will come out

Nice clean valves

Plug the inlet holes and proceed to remove the starter, it's mega easy, Remove the 2 connectors before the bolts then it's just a 17mm at the front and a 14mm at back and it will come out.

Bad starter

New starter

Fitting is everything in reverse of the deinstall, make sure you plug in all the sensors to avoid faults codes etc

All fitted back together

Rear silencer, I fitted this along with power flex exhaust hangers throughout the whole system. They came up cheap in the for sale section so thought why not. Silencer was from arron on here who is a really nice bloke and easy to chat too about Hondas.

If anyone needs help with a starter install or inlet manifold in the Surrey Sussex area I'm happy to lend a hand and tools if the kettle stays on :)

Mine made the noise almost every cold start for the year I've had the car. Always put it off as thought I'll take it out one day and strip it down and see why it's sticking but Xmas eve it decided to think flip you mate I've had enough now. I only left it so long because all the problem starter motor noise threads I read people said its common and there's has made the noise for 4 years etc. Glad I've replaced it Now, it's a nice quite civic and starts nice and smooth :Cool:
SurreyEP3 wrote:Mine made the noise almost every cold start for the year I've had the car. Always put it off as thought I'll take it out one day and strip it down and see why it's sticking but Xmas eve it decided to think flip you mate I've had enough now. I only left it so long because all the problem starter motor noise threads I read people said its common and there's has made the noise for 4 years etc. Glad I've replaced it Now, it's a nice quite civic and starts nice and smooth :Cool:
Many people have replaced the starter because of that noise including myself, it will rear it's ugly head again trust me.
15repyt wrote:
SurreyEP3 wrote:Mine made the noise almost every cold start for the year I've had the car. Always put it off as thought I'll take it out one day and strip it down and see why it's sticking but Xmas eve it decided to think flip you mate I've had enough now. I only left it so long because all the problem starter motor noise threads I read people said its common and there's has made the noise for 4 years etc. Glad I've replaced it Now, it's a nice quite civic and starts nice and smooth :Cool:
Many people have replaced the starter because of that noise including myself, it will rear it's ugly head again trust me.
There's nothing more annoying than starting the car at 4am and waking the whole lane up with a screaming Starter, it's nice and smooth now so hopefully it doesn't go wrong for a few years bud !

Added in 6 minutes 5 seconds:
Simple Simon wrote:Nice little right up mate.
Mine does it from time to time as well in the cold, never thought much of it as apparently nearly all the K20's do it.

How much was the starter motor, where did you get it from?
If it isn't that much money I may change mine for peace of mind. Lol
I read the same thing mate and thought it'll be alright as it seems mega common but Xmas eve it decided it had , had enough. It cost me £83 with 12 month warranty and I didn't have to service exchange my old one so happy days. For the sake of £80 and 2 hours of your life it'll be worth it, I was lucky it died at my work rather than some random place at midnight or something. Plus when you sell the car it will start nicely as it should and it won't be a haggle point to knock you down on a few quid.

Added in 4 minutes 31 seconds:
Leezer wrote:Both EP3's I've owned screamed like a banshee on first start up on a cold morning. Never bothered me tbh
I never liked the noise it looks like you can't start a car properly or your cars knackered, I was always saying I'll take it out this weekend and strip it down but I just never got round to it and I got caught out. It's Bad for me as I am really good at replacing faulty bits straight away as I hate having problems that haven't been looked at straight away. Look after the car and it will look after you is what my father in law says.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]