The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By decoep3
JDP wrote:Shouldnt suffer from boost kreep with a 45mm gate there tbh man!!! Kreep can be controlled with the timing to a certain degree.
When i was twinscroll, i blanked one gate off conpletely and only suffered with kreep at around 7500rpm, but 2 cylinders were still feeding the turbo. Lol
If yours is kreeping there then mine is going to majorly, but as of yet, it hasnt. Mapping on 26th so i'll post the results hahaha
Yeah i know but its just the design of the section and the way the flow is at the gate .melter as iv to wait now
If you look at the graph on pic it just keeps rising.
Aonghus tried sorting creep with timing etc . But said was way out and will cause issues. So best off getting it sorted rather then hide the issue .
Pipe angle is more the 90° if you look at pics . Bad flow :sad:
By JDP
Yea i guess lookbg at the angle to the collector tubes its more like 135 degrees!!!! Thats not great from someone whos supposed to build these for a living
By decoep3
Got another manifold and tested boost creep issue
Helped a lot but was still creeping a bit so iv removed manifold and im getting it modified .
Gave it to fabricator yesterday. Hes going to twin port to single gate the manifold due to location of gate its not getting the pluses from cylinders 2+3 as they are on the other side of manifold. By twin porting it it will help the gate receive better flow from them.
Also moving gate more in line with flow of gases and ill be doing screamer pipe bonnet exit for handiness /fun haha
Ill update pictures asap
By JDP
Same lol, couldnt control the kreep on mine either....krept to 20psi on 11psi spring lol.
So putting my other gate back on. Made 450whp by 7k though lmao!!!!!!
By decoep3
JDP wrote:Same lol, couldnt control the kreep on mine either....krept to 20psi on 11psi spring lol.
So putting my other gate back on. Made 450whp by 7k though lmao!!!!!!
Nice power that hahaha s
Did u find 2 gates sorting creep yeah ?
Is yours a twin scroll housing ?
When running 2 gates do u just run 1 solenoid to control both ? And the same spring ratings ?
Mines not creeping to bad now but just not regulating it yet
By JDP
Im open scroll now, with twin gates and i'll know if its cured it once i goes back to the dyno, but my tuner says it should sort the issue. I run single boost selonoid, split after the selonoid to feed top of both gates, both gates with 8psi springs in
By decoep3
JDP wrote:Im open scroll now, with twin gates and i'll know if its cured it once i goes back to the dyno, but my tuner says it should sort the issue. I run single boost selonoid, split after the selonoid to feed top of both gates, both gates with 8psi springs in
Cool great . Yeah ill be ordering an other gate hopefully today and go that route .moding manifold to push flow over would be hassle .
Should defo sort issue for us alright . Hopefully anyways
By decoep3
Boost creep issue sorted by adding a second waste gate to the manifold on cylinders 2+3
Im booked back in for mapping on the 7th of next month so hopefully all good now . Has been a long road to here haha
I have a single exit bonnet screamer pipe onthe second gate and will be doing another screamer pipe up for normal road driving when needed .
Pics to follow :Hihi:
By Delboy23
Hopefully all goes well this time bud. I'm in again 12th August after my own issues, it's this time or never! Lol Get some pics up ;-)
By decoep3
Happy days delboy hopefully we are all good . Km in dier need og a new phone this one wont even take pics . Smashed me good one .

Heres one pic I got last nighy on a mates phone
:Sure:
By decoep3
good news
mapping went very well on friday and car finished up with 387.6 hp and 280.4 ftlb torque
very happy with how it turned out and the way it puts the power down
it has transformed the car completely , its mental how responsive and powerful it is
was out road map tweaking and managed to race a lad on a bike and he had no chance
im lacking a good phone at the moment but will have that sorted soon and vids will be uploaded as i go .
heres a link to a quick vid on the way home from mapping , its the only one i have at the moment
https://instagram.com/p/6GBcqPDPj2/
:Woot:
By decoep3

a picture of dyno print out . sorry for poor quality its killing me needing a good phone . but civic was first haha
200 euro fuel used in two days of driving from dublin to galway and back with mapping . wasn`t so bad .
its time to find to good fast cars to test it out
By decoep3
jonezy » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:39 pm wrote:Good work matey!

Shows that for stock internals / fuel system .63 housing is way to go
thanks pal
i got it through the NCT the other day so its road ligal now . made up an exhaust with evo 5 cat in B pipe and was perfect
going to get it all back together in the morning and hit the streets tomo eve
.82 housing :-D
By decoep3
sorry delay jonezy , im still on a bokia so im useless for pics etc , ill get one of it for you
iv booked in for a track day in kirkistown in co down next sunday 20th
so should be fun to test it out
anyone lives near by pop down haha delboy might be close enough ??

i also got another screamer pipe made to waste under vehicle behind gearbox so i can use on road and in bad weather , (vented was not good for rain etc)
doesnt sound as mental but still good haha
By Delboy23
decoep3 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:38 pm wrote:sorry delay jonezy , im still on a bokia so im useless for pics etc , ill get one of it for you
iv booked in for a track day in kirkistown in co down next sunday 20th
so should be fun to test it out
anyone lives near by pop down haha delboy might be close enough ??

i also got another screamer pipe made to waste under vehicle behind gearbox so i can use on road and in bad weather , (vented was not good for rain etc)
doesnt sound as mental but still good haha

Might be going down myself bud!
You running road tyres just?
By decoep3
Good buzz tat be good crack
iv two full sets of 595rsrs there
One new set
after I finish them im thinking ado8
what u running
By jonezy
You went for .82 housing in the end? That spools somewhat savage Considering

Shows the ball bearing difference
By Delboy23
decoep3 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:27 pm wrote:Good buzz tat be good crack
iv two full sets of 595rsrs there
One new set
after I finish them im thinking ado8
what u running
Probably road tyres, not buying 4 new 888's to be used once until next year lol part worn semi slicks would be handy though getting some before next week is the thing!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]