The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By Lewisgame
I had an E30 325i Sport previous to the EP3. Fun if you like to do skids and they look cool. But fuel economy and performance is poor to modern day standard. Plus they're now all rotten and been owned by rude boys.
By cosmicmarc
Lewisgame wrote:I had an E30 325i Sport previous to the EP3. Fun if you like to do skids and they look cool. But fuel economy and performance is poor to modern day standard. Plus they're now all rotten and been owned by rude boys.

Fuel not an issue to me to be honest mate
Looking at 330ci not 325 so definitely not worrying about fuel lol

In terms of modern day I'm not in a place to be buying a modern car as my civic will be funding any new car not into taking finance out or loans for a car id rather own it out right so 5k is my budget
Guess I'm a rude boy but can't say I've seen that many rude boys where I live

Added in 4 minutes 5 seconds:
cosmicmarc wrote:
Lewisgame wrote:I had an E30 325i Sport previous to the EP3. Fun if you like to do skids and they look cool. But fuel economy and performance is poor to modern day standard. Plus they're now all rotten and been owned by rude boys.

Fuel not an issue to me to be honest mate
Looking at e46 330ci not e30 325 (I said I like them but won't be getting one) so definitely not worrying about fuel lol

In terms of modern day I'm not in a place to be buying a modern car as my civic will be funding any new car not into taking finance out or loans for a car id rather own it out right so 5k is my budget
Guess I'm a rude boy but can't say I've seen that many rude boys where I live
So decided I just can't part with the civic one day maybe but think it's a wrong move right now.

Anyhow

My DC Sports back box was doing my head in to be honest with my setup and the fact it's a quite large tail pipe I decided I wanted something quieter with the daily commute to work and not actually getting many opportunities to put the toe down.

So went to MDR motorsports in Harrogate and had a custom back box made with a bigger silencer and smaller tail pipe.

The result is a much quieter ride and not really a lot of exhaust note, I now hear the vtec crossover again and to be honest I prefer it, cars nicer to drive on longer journeys

May not be to people's tastes but I honestly don't give two hoots

Also gave the calipers a touch up and little freshen up again as they were looking tired

Other job completed was to swap my damaged bumper out to a brand new OEM one from hendy

The back box along with a brand new uniroyal tyre and damaged front bumper are for sale in the sale section

Paints only gone on face of pad

Cheers for all the pms of interest on the car it's good to know that the cars desired by people it's well looked after and I don't ever skimp on it when it comes to doing stuff

Considering at some point re doing all the bushes and basically front end suspension set up but it's not cheap so may wait a bit to do it, also look at a new clutch sometime this year, mines working fine and no issues but it's over due in terms of recommended service schedule
So cars in good order currently and I've definitely decided I'm not selling up, had some nice interest and it's good to know people like the car and appreciate its value. Just hit over 96000 miles this week went up as my girlfriend lives in brum but she is coming back north this month so very happy about that.

I gave the old girl a clean Monday I really need to invest in a polisher this summer as I think the car will come up lovely, only bad bits I have is the two dents on my roof that you may be able to see in the picture I post below. I'm not going to be doing much next few months as got lots of things on so no spare cash. I'm loving the back box got to say the much more silent sound has grown back on me and I'm glad I don't have the jap can anymore maybe I'm getting a bit old and boring,vend of the day I have to drive it every day and it's now become enjoyable again as I don't have that drone and boom all the time.

So cleaned car, clay bar, washed, hand polished, waxed that's all I had time for

The new oem bumper fitted now

Battery cover and bar added too

Didn't get time to clean too much in the bay

Still fresh and clean indoors

Thought I'd try update the spec list while I'm on here

Engine & Exhaust
K100 ECU TDI North re map 253bhp
RBC Intake Manifold
DC Sports De Cat Exhaust Manifold
K&N Typhoon Intake with cold air feed
Custom stainless centre section 2&3/8 diameter
Custom Back Box 2.5 tail pipe
Energy inserts for gear box

Engine dress up
Custom powder coated Rocker cover
K-Tuned Spark plug cover
K-Tuned Dip Stick
Battery Tie Bar
Battery Cover
USDM Intake Cover

Suspension
Eibach 30mm Springs
Eibach camber arms and bolts
FRSU Geo setup @ Grinspeed
Rear JDM ARB

Exterior
Custom made Carbon fibre scoop (1st one ever made see my thread)
HID KIT
LED Sidelights
LED Rear licence plate bulbs

Wheels
Evo 9 Enkeis
Custom powder coated
Uniroyal rain sports all round
Brakes ferodo ds2500 front pads
HEL Brake lines all round

Interior
Skunk 2 weighted gear knob
DC5 Foot pedals
Hand trimmed leather steering wheel (By Peter Taylor)
Premier edition Recaro seats
JDM Coin Holder
Pioneer Headunit Bluetooth,USB,Parrot hands free Bluetooth
Focal Components in doors and tweeters in front
Hertz Amp
Tegiwa shifter bushes

I think that's how it stands currently don't think I've missed anything

Cheers Quinny
Last edited by cosmicmarc on Wed May 11, 2016 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
By cosmicmarc
Rigsby01 wrote:Looks good Marc , where did you get the fog light air feed from?

Hi mate
I'm responsible for them fog feeds been developed and designed mate

I created a thread on here in air induction few years back had a guy called Andy at Westgate composites make my idea real sent him a splitter and asked for what I wanted he made it up then went on to sell them
Had a fair few sets given to me as thanks and had a carbon fibre one made and also gave two to my friend on her leeds106 (Mark thorp) unfortunately they were copied tegiwa wanted to try sell them but but Andy wanted to sell them himself as he was only a small independent due to the copying it's forced him to stop selling them which is a shame
Bit of background info for you mate

Not many people seem to realise what went on frustrated me to be honest as Andy was a good bloke but the copy cat world took over people see a buck and jump on it

I could have ordered bulk and sold em my self to make some cash but not for me when Andy was such a great guy out some time and effort into the project for me

Battery cover by the way tidys things up

Added in 3 minutes 36 seconds:
Here you go mate if you fancy some reading where it all started

http://civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopi ... 5#p3336545

Added in 2 minutes 39 seconds:
Here you go mate if you fancy some reading where it all started

http://civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopi ... 5#p3336545
By cosmicmarc
Cloudycloud wrote:Love the honda but really love the mini

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha cheers
The mini was great but I spent a small fortune on that and still needed work they are bottomless money holes a labour of love to own one. One of the most fun cars I drove though

Added in 53 seconds:
cosmicmarc wrote:
Rigsby01 wrote:Jeez why don't tegiwa find their own ideas?
Cheers , I'll have a read
Haha I still have the inbox messages asking me to ask Andy if they could sell them for him and they wanted to price them at about £65 what a joke

Had some contact with Andy today he has been mega busy and is looking at putting the ducts back out on eBay in around two weeks time

Added in 2 minutes 4 seconds:
cosmicmarc wrote:
Haha I still have the inbox messages asking me to ask Andy if they could sell them for him and they wanted to price them at about £65 what a joke

Had some contact with Andy today he has been mega busy and is looking at putting the ducts back out on eBay in around two weeks time

Added in 6 minutes 32 seconds:
cosmicmarc wrote:

By cosmicmarc
I really think it is time to sell and move on, I'm really getting no use out of the car all I do is cruise to work and back and the petrol is starting annoy me now with potential move coming this year or start of next too diesels looking like what I need. I'm really wanting a BMW e46 coupe I always end up going back to look at them thinking yeah I wouldn't mind one of those

Will look at getting the car in the sale section soon as I can looking for about £4800 I feel that's fair price for the spec and condition it's in and how it's been kept. It's certainly no nail no expense spared.

There is the two small dents on the roof and also passenger side bumpers got some scratches on nothing major

Rest of cars pretty mint if i say so
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]