The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By winim17
Thought it was about time i got one of these thread's up and running so here goes...

Bought the car in December 09 with 50k on the clock completely standard aside from tints.

On the day i picked it up -

Safe to say it wasn't long until i got the modding bug, wish i had pics of the car step by step but i haven't!

Sooo...what i have done to the car since then....

Seibon Carbon Spoiler
Tegiwa M
R8bby Silenced B-Pipe
Spoon Street exhaust
Spax -30mm springs
Wheel refurb and powdercoated
Yoko Parada Spec 2's
Brem Tech grooved Discs
DS2500 Ferrodo pads
Hel Braided Lines
Bren Civic Custom Cam Cover
Carbon mani and spark plug cover
Tegiwa ETD
Teishi Battery Tie Bar
Mugen Reservoir Socks
Mugen Oil Cap
Heko Wind Deflectors (2nd set, 1st lot blew off)
Calipers Painted
New Type R Badges on the Front and Back (front was missing and back was peeling)
New OEM mats,
Aero Wipe Blades

umm...think that's everything

As it looks now...

Got a few things planned at the moment. First thing is to sort out some of the niggles i have with the paint and body work. Also fancying a Mugen/Seibon spoiler then Mani and probably go down the K-pro route.

Will try to keep this updated as much as possible and get some more pics up!

Thanks for looking :thumbup:
Last edited by winim17 on Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:49 pm, edited 30 times in total.
By berty182
Perfect example, love the first pic! keep up the good work :bigthumb:
By bornlucky1
Car looks great - what camera you using btw?
My car is milano too and the paints in great condition but whenever i take a pic it looks faded :bad-words:
By canavan123
stunning milano red, no fade atal, and the white wheels are so mint looking, well i had one identical only lower before lol
By jreedy
now that looks nice :salut:
By SeanEP3
paintwork looks amazing! Milano is an awesome colour.

love the sticker "my VTEC goes Bwaaaaaaaaaahhh!" lol. i want one, where from?
By winim17
SeanEP3 wrote:paintwork looks amazing! Milano is an awesome colour.

love the sticker "my VTEC goes Bwaaaaaaaaaahhh!" lol. i want one, where from?
Cheers mate.

Got it from Japfest but I think I've seen them before on EBay. :thumbup:
By winim17
bornlucky1 wrote:Car looks great - what camera you using btw?
My car is milano too and the paints in great condition but whenever i take a pic it looks faded :bad-words:
It's a 5 megapixel Sony cybershot lol, but for some reason the pictures always turn out immense. :scratch:
By winim17
Well i'm currently weighing up whether or not to go for a carbon Mugen/Seibon style rear spoiler.

I've had problems previously with the paint/lacquer on my spoiler when i first got the car as seen below which i thought i'd fixed.

Before

After

It seems the problems back again and thinking it's a good excuse to get the Mugen/Seibon type spoiler :-D however i'm struggling to find any pics of milano's with white wheels with the carbon Seibon spoiler on here.

So if anyone knows of any pics/cars on here with that combo would be much appreciated as i'd rather see what it looks like before taking the plunge and spend £££'s on a spoiler.
By evo_works
Want. And if my clio isnt fixed tomo, will get. Obvoiusly not this one but you know what i mean lol

Dan
By nathan_king
That is seriously good looking.

Has the car been power polished or just really good paint work.

I got the same problem with my spoiler it comes and goes. odd really :scratch:
By winim17
nathan_king wrote:That is seriously good looking.

When those photos were taken it was after a Super Resin Polish and Aqua Wax.

To be fair, apart from the spoiler and where there's paint left on the car i.e not scratched there is no fade at all which isn't too bad considering it's a 9 year old car and how renowned the Milano's are for fading.

I'm at a loss with the spoiler too, it seems to disappear for a while then it's back with vengeance. I think it's something to do with the lacquer on the paint going and then when it gets rained on it leaves a mark, but after a while the marks seem to disappear again - possibly it dries out or something. I don't know. :scratch:

Going to order the Seibon Mugen style Carbon spoiler on Friday anyway so won't have to worry about it again then. :P
By nathan_king
winim17 wrote:
nathan_king wrote:That is seriously good looking.

When those photos were taken it was after a Super Resin Polish and Aqua Wax.

To be fair, apart from the spoiler and where there's paint left on the car i.e not scratched there is no fade at all which isn't too bad considering it's a 9 year old car and how renowned the Milano's are for fading.

I'm at a loss with the spoiler too, it seems to disappear for a while then it's back with vengeance. I think it's something to do with the lacquer on the paint going and then when it gets rained on it leaves a mark, but after a while the marks seem to disappear again - possibly it dries out or something. I don't know. :scratch:

Going to order the Seibon Mugen style Carbon spoiler on Friday anyway so won't have to worry about it again then. :P
Yeah the spoiler thing does my head in its ok atm but will be back soon no doubt.

Id like a carbon spoiler but there alot of money.

Nice looking car though bud :thumbup:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]