The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By airicouk
Update on Page 5 :-D

Hi all,

After changing cars very frequently over the years and moving around honda's (JDM 96 spec, ep3 and JDM 98 spec) I moved onto a Clio Trophy (32k FSH) :shock: was actually quite a good car! :lol: shame the build quality wasnt but it didnt break down on me though. Had the handling but lacked the speed. Then was looking to get back into a ep3 but JDM version this time and this popped up...

Came with a CPL CAI, Toda manifold and Mugen twinloop with CPL remapped KPro :-D At a guess I should think its running between 230 and 240 bhp :cool: Will need to put it onto a rolling road to confirm though.

Absolutely lovely car to drive and the speed on this thing compared to the UK ep3 I had is nuts... :shock: I've booked it into TGM Sports to get a full service (all fluids) to make sure it's all running tip top and while I'm down there I might get a fast road setup/ braided brake hoses/ new honda engine mounts (with ES inserts) all done as well :lol:

Will update with some more pics as I progress with the car, thanks all for reading!

Eric
Last edited by airicouk on Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.
By RobCTR
Loving that mate..
With those mods that must be running some decent hp..

Dont see many JDM Facelifts either.. :thumbup:
By scottiboy
looks great mate, how much you pay for it??

..Scotty..
By JAG_615F
:shock: Was soo tempted to go down and see this but just couldn't justify nearly a extra £3000 over a prefacelift JDM :scratch:

Was on for £11,000 last time i looked so i persume around that scotti :-D

How you liking it mate?
By VTECUK
I have edited this post as I agree that any info about this car should be sent to new keeper. He has purchased it now.

On the MLR forum if a car is for sale then there is a section to ask other members about the history etc on that car, so if any other member knows anything the person looking to buy can get a clear picture and background of the car. I suggest to mods we have the same....

Many mlr members have been saved from buying lemons in the past using this method.

If a car comes up for sale the chances are somebody out there knows some of its history.

Just my 2p :thumbup:

If this section does get made please make sure I get credit for it. LOL :thumbup:

In no way am I calling this car a lemon. I just wanted new owner to be aware of some of its history. Now he knows he can as he said get it checked over.

Its a great looking car apart from those nasty looking lexus lights...lol Much prefer the pre-facelift rear lights. :lol:

Have fun and enjoy it. :thumbup:
Last edited by VTECUK on Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
By COSMIC T.C
looks very nice

just hope its not dodgy :???:
By yella
not a bad move,

if he's happy with the car, i'm sure the doom and gloom is'nt as bad as he says, Sure it will turn out ok, looks great though, although i would be tempted to source some facelift mirrors ( which it appears the importer was too tight to do)
By bluntcap
CTR_bud wrote:
Could you not of dropped him a PM rather than telling the whole world :scratch:

Why not let us all read it? It's only a car at the end of the day and it's good that the info is being put out there....IMO.
By Newannaive
bluntcap wrote:
CTR_bud wrote:
Could you not of dropped him a PM rather than telling the whole world :scratch:

Why not let us all read it? It's only a car at the end of the day and it's good that the info is being put out there....IMO.

Excellent point...honesty is the best policy etc, and just ftr my car has a dent in the bootlid and sometimes on cold mornings steam comes out of the exhaust. :salut:
By sa08
Is it just the lighting that makes the front bumper look a different shade to the rest of the car in the first 2 pics? :scratch:
By bluntcap
sa08 wrote:Is it just the lighting that makes the front bumper look a different shade to the rest of the car in the first 2 pics? :scratch:
Its like that on nearly all civics, because the wings are metal and the front bumper is plastic so it puts the colour off, mainly noticeable on silver.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]