The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Its Whats Inside That Counts...
By chappers51
Recently picked up my cosmic grey premier, but the drivers side recaro doesn't come forward when you lift the latch on the side. Is this normal? The passenger side comes fully forward
Last edited by chappers51 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Lewisgame
If you mean when you fold the back down to allow passengers in the back? It's totally normal on the Recaro seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By chappers51
Yeah to try and get in the back from the drivers side the upright won't fold forward, I got to slide the seat forward to get into the back
By Lewisgame
Oh right, well there's something wrong there. What's really common is the small levers break off to fold the back down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By chappers51
No the levers still there, I can pull it up and the seat comes about an inch forward and that's it, it's like something's jammed in there
By chappers51
Just noticed if I use the latch on the inside of the seat it comes forward, so the outside lever must of broken somehow
By chappers51
Anyone know how I could fix this? Just had the seat out and can't see why it only comes forward with the inside lever
By chappers51
Just sat in the back of the car and when I pull the drivers side lever up, the inside lever comes up as well and vice versa. Yet the seat only comes forward when I use the inside lever? This is driving me nuts now
By chappers51
Just been up the garage and had the seat out, with it fully reclined or tilted forward I cannot see(using a torch) what's wrong in there, nothing's snapped or loose, and both sides look the same. It's totally got the better of me, only thing I can think of is to take the seat apart but can't find a guide. Anyone have or know for a guide on how to disassemble a recaro?

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]