The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Its Whats Inside That Counts...
By cookie16v
I am just wondering what weld in roll cage people go for as I am looking for one so any information would be great thanks in advance
By yella
weld in or bolt in. I've gone bolt in. dafety devices do a weld in one but its more involved and i think it goes to the front struts from memory.

I'd speak to Rob at Area and he will advice. Just don;t get the OMP one as it would be easier to buy a kids climbing frame and fit that, major ball ache
By cookie16v
I have seen one on custom cages for £505 excluding vat I just thought a weld in cage would be stronger wouldn't it?.
By Lewisgame
cookie16v wrote:I have seen one on custom cages for £505 excluding vat I just thought a weld in cage would be stronger wouldn't it?.
Only if it's made and designed properly. The bolt in cages still require blocks to be welded into the floor for the cage to bolt onto. Although I don't think the bolt in cages are FIA approved so you wouldn't be able to race with it.
By cookie16v
I know what you mean mate there is a few what look good designs but it's finding the right one isn't it. I bet the weld in saftey device is mega money isn't it
By cookie16v
I will give them a ring has anyone used custom cages before?.
By cookie16v
Where is bro sport located mate and how much is it to fit?.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]