The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Its Whats Inside That Counts...
By Craigm92
hi guys so I have an ep3

I want to get a momo steering wheel or similar and get the correct boss to fit...but if I put the new steering wheel on will my air bag light constantly stay illuminated? If so is there a way around this?

Please someone advise thanks
By lennybubble
Craigm92 wrote:hi guys so I have an ep3

I want to get a momo steering wheel or similar and get the correct boss to fit...but if I put the new steering wheel on will my air bag light constantly stay illuminated? If so is there a way around this?

You can buy a thing that stops light coming on,, from ebay,, cant think wot they called though,, if that helps
By R'ash
lennybubble wrote:
Craigm92 wrote:hi guys so I have an ep3

You can buy a thing that stops light coming on,, from ebay,, cant think wot they called though,, if that helps
That thing would be a resistor [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By NPyke
Read some where, when fitting a boss you have to cut the air bag wiring? That doesn't sound right to me.. is this a bodge instead of the resistor? and is it reversible? So if i came to sell the car can i reinstall the airbag knowing it will work?
By Rambo
no you dont cut the airbag wireing you just unplug it all and remove the spindle. then use a 2.2 ohm resister on the air bag plug (Splice wires, not cut) and install hub.

I use NRG short hub
NRG quick release
OMP 300mm steering wheel
By Craigm92
So I bought a omp wheel, quick release, air bag resister and a boss kit from ebay. Went to fit it all yesterday and couldn't get the boss kit on cos the steering cowling is in the way... Looks like you have to take the Idicator stalk off to get the boss kit on? Which doesn't look right.. So could people link me to what they have bought for there's? Or send a guide to me? Thanks

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]