The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Its Whats Inside That Counts...
By mc36155
Hello, okay so mike from mtec has let me know that the fix will consist of four peices. Two of these are two halfs of an aluminium replacement pivot ball, another is a new billet aluminium arm, and the last is a new pin that will be removable to allow eventual servicing if / when needed. The complexity increases the cost a bit and will be between $200-$220, he would need around 20 people to start this and it would take around 40 days to make all the pieces. If your interested put your names down. Hopefully he will post on here with some pictures shortly
Last edited by mc36155 on Fri May 17, 2013 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By billster
I am definitely still interested, but would need to know what advantages this offers over the Buddyclub short shifter kit (£177 delivered). As the prices are similar once delivered and taxes paid etc.
By mc36155
billster wrote:I am definitely still interested, but would need to know what advantages this offers over the Buddyclub short shifter kit (£177 delivered). As the prices are similar once delivered and taxes paid etc.
fully understand, I have asked him to post on here as I imagine alot of people will want more explanation and they would rather that came from mtec

Also, I don't think this is a short shifter like the buddyclub, it is basically a service kit to reduce the play in the shifter to better than new oem levels. It maybe that this service kit could be used on the buddyclub kit but no promises
Last edited by mc36155 on Fri May 17, 2013 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Manbond
1. Mc36155
2. billster
3. Manbond

Is the kits price roughly gona be £145 posted?

Mb
By 11110111
mc36155 wrote:
al_typeR wrote:Great news. So just to confirm is this going to be a complete new shifter or just some sort of insert?
i think its going to be replacing a number of the bushings in the shifter for aluminium ones. you will have to take your shifter out and take it apart and replace the worn pats with the aluminum parts. im guessing it will be similar to his dc5 or rsx kits in that way... i dont have anything confirmed yet so thats just my guess
Isnt that basically the tegiwa kit or have I gone back in time?

Anyway, get some hybrid racing bushes, the nuts
By mc36155
11110111 wrote:
mc36155 wrote:
al_typeR wrote:Great news. So just to confirm is this going to be a complete new shifter or just some sort of insert?
i think its going to be replacing a number of the bushings in the shifter for aluminium ones. you will have to take your shifter out and take it apart and replace the worn pats with the aluminum parts. im guessing it will be similar to his dc5 or rsx kits in that way... i dont have anything confirmed yet so thats just my guess
Isnt that basically the tegiwa kit or have I gone back in time?

Anyway, get some hybrid racing bushes, the nuts
Don't think so, and I have the hybrid bushes, made no difference because that isn't where the problem is.
By mc36155
Manbond wrote:1. Mc36155
2. billster
3. Manbond

Is the kits price roughly gona be £145 posted?

Mb
Would have thought so :)
By al_typeR
1. Mc36155
2. billster
3. Manbond
4. al_typeR

I would want to see pictures of what is included in the kit and how easily it can be fitted to be honest. When I look at mine most of the play is in the main ball (as in the white bit that the lever rotates/ moves in which is bottom middle of the main frame as you look at it installed).
By MTECIndustries
Hi all!

Well I've been working on this piece and have to tell you it was a work in progress because it's a car that I do not own. The design will consist of 4 pieces. One is the pin that is holding the arm, 2 ball halves for the shifter, and the shift arm. I'll be posting up pictures and working on finalizing the design soon. One thing that I noticed that using a clip to hold the pin end is giving it a bit of play. I might remake a pin and put a nut on the end that will eliminate the play. This design and production is contingent that I have 20 orders to make this happen.

Currently I'm pretty happy with how it's working because the play is very minimal and still feels very stock. It should of came from the factory like this.

Here are pics for you guys!

By Dixy1987
Looking at the pictures, am I right in saying that you can't use a short shifter with this?

Or does this also reduce the shift throw?
By billster
Dixy1987 wrote:Looking at the pictures, am I right in saying that you can't use a short shifter with this?

Or does this also reduce the shift throw?
Actually that is a good call. I wouldn't like to lose the short-shifter....

And also, can it be put back to standard easily enough if required?
By mc36155
Sorry, being slow, why would it prevent a short shifter?
By MTECIndustries
This was actually used with a short shifter. The short shifter used was a neuspeed one. It worked great with it. Much more refined then oem but I found a week spot that I will address if I get the 20 people interested in this project.
By conr33
[quote="al_typeR"]1. Mc36155
2. billster
3. Manbond
4. al_typeR
5. conr33
By mc36155
Come on people, will need more interest than this if it's going to happen:)
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]