The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got an discussion that needs a majority verdict? Put it to the vote.

Guy is right to regard place as "his" or is he being a bit of a plank?

He's right to see it as "his"
8%
He's being a bit of a loser
92%
By Superbully
Work in a company where the parking bays are numbered and allocated to those with 15 years service or over. OK, no probs yet.

For those that don't have one allocated there are many places where you can park your car that is not in a bay, therefore those areas are not allocated to anyone

Since starting with the company I've learnt that a programmer likes to always park his car in the same place and regards it as "his" spot.
I parked there a couple times and he did things like park his car real close as if to say don't park here it's mine. With my supreme driving skills ;) I Could still get out etc.
Did have words with him and told him he's being a bit childish, just go park where it's free, it's what everyone else does etc
Because I'm new to the company and didn't want to kick up a fuss as soon as getting into the company I scouted out a different place and actually it's miles better (really close to the entrance, surprised a director hasn't snaffled that one LOL) than "his" place" so I've got no issues anymore.

Coming into the parking lot this morning and I saw someone else had gone in "his" place and he'd put his car in such a way that he's really blocked the other one in. Thought to myself "what a tw@t"

IMHO he is being a bit of a loser. You don't go down Tesco and expect to have the same spot every time and then get enraged if someone is in your place and start blocking them in etc.
Those spaces are for everyone to use and can't be "his".
Sure he would LIKE it to be his, but it's not! It's for everyone!

So CTROers... is this guy being a complete knobber trying to reserve a place as "his" on a place that is for all intents and purposes free for anyone to use. Or do you think that he's in his right to be able to put his car in the same place every morning?
By Spann3rs
Sounds like a knob to me. If its not an allocated bay, he has no right to it what-so-ever. If he'd blocked me in, I'd just do the same back to him tomorrow, only more blatantly :-)
By Alex.J
We have a similar thing at work.

However, nobody is allocated, but people do have their 'usual spot'.

And if im honest, i park in the same spot everyday, however, if for some reason, somebody is in that spot, i just go elsewhere, as its not mine, its just my preferred space.

I have been doing this for over 5 years and granted its only a handful of times i have had to park elsewhere.

He is being a sausage muncher.
By Just Dirk
Paint stripper!!

Tbh people like this are your real life equivalent of the keyboard warrior, bet he wouldn't do it if you were still in your car?!! I'd park in his space tomorrow but wait in your car til he arrives and see how tough he is then?! Chances are one day someone will lay him out..
By Omni
Parking is a fkin nightmare where I work, and its made worse because every time I find new and ingenious places to park the groundskeepers go and cone it off :bad-words:
By Willst220
:lol: report his behaviour. I have a personal space- with a car park attendant at my disposal. I wait for those arses to dump the car - or block people in and I set him loose with the 80 quid fine book :lol:
By yella
i have to say many moons ago i worked in an office that had one covered space. The rest all then parked in order in the yard including other businesses. However during the day Billy at the end may need to go out so 10 people would need to go out and move their cars etc. It happened about 10 times a day.

So the best thing to do was be first in to get the space under cover. However another guy in the office was adamant he wanted that space so starting getting in earlier. So i started getting in earlier than him and so it went on until one day when i was sitting at my desk at 6:45 feeling smug about getting the space and realised it had got out of control.

Its very similar to getting "your seat" on the train. People become very routine and territorial over silly things, i guess its just human nature. Funny when you are not involved but very damn serious when its you involved. I am pretty sure most people have something they are as childish with.
By Omni
I don't accept parking spaces between other cars, because folk just cannot be trusted not to ding your doors and even though its not my car any more, i'm still stuck with it for the next 3 years and don't want it covered in fkin dents.

So I used to park it round the back of my office on this little access road which is never used. Then Groundskeeper willy comes round saying I can't park there any more because its for fire engines :wtf: and coned it off.

Since then the operations director has started parking his beemer round there, so the cones have been removed and mine is back there too - your move willy.
By Bondy91
Omni wrote:I don't accept parking spaces between other cars, because folk just cannot be trusted not to ding your doors and even though its not my car any more, i'm still stuck with it for the next 3 years and don't want it covered in fkin dents
Spot on! I park as far away any other car as possible - Can't trust anybody. I get mocked for parking so far away but at the end of the day my car doesnt have paint missing on my doors for this reason.

In response to original post...Yes he sounds a tail end.
By D1z CTR
People have way too much time on their hands if they worry/care about the same parking space every morning. I vote he's a serial pedo
By dutch
Being there a certain amount of time you start to incur rights, not official on paper rights but the unspoken, nod nod rights. His space is one of these rights just like he probably has his favourite chair and mug.

Now you underlings are starting to fuck with his rights, so he can uleash the hidden kunt within.
By Cracksta
I use to be in this situation but with motorbikes, theres only spare for 2-3 bikes and the surrounding area is at your own risk.

Was fine a few years ago as it was only me and my colleague who parked there daily, started to have more bikers and its first come first serve, i get annoyed but park elsewhere since its not official mine.

But yes that guy is being childish, he feels his area is being invaded but on paper he doesnt own it so no right to be a c0ck about it.
By FireBIade2
Sacrificial Pawn wrote:Leave his space open, then block him in and work late. :salut:
It's almost worth buying a £200 shitter just for this :lol:
By Superbully
FireBIade2 wrote:
Sacrificial Pawn wrote:Leave his space open, then block him in and work late. :salut:
It's almost worth buying a £200 shitter just for this :lol:
:lol:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]