The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK2 (2015 onwards)
By Helmigurt
I've gone to 245/35/19 as well with Yokohama Advan Sport V105. Looks a lot better compared to the stretched 235 CSC6. Can't talk about driving characteristics yet as I've only fitted them today.

By SylverFyre
Some feedback on the yokohamas and the goodyears would be appreciated. I'll be coming up for a pair of new boots on the front of mine in the next
couple of months and something that grips as well as, but lasts longer than the contis would be good.
By Helmigurt
To be honest - Don't go for the Yokohamas. Grip is good in dry and wet situations but feels no better then the CSC6 (event though 10 mm wider) and the car tramlines a lot more on the highway (Don't really know if it's because of the wider tyres in general or the Yokohamas specifically). Also turn in felt better with the CSC6. I can't say anything in regards to wear as it's too early. If wear is good they are a good budget option though as they were considerably cheaper then CSC6s.
By Nathan2811
Would recommend Goodyear for grip so far so good both wet and dry.
In terms of wear I've had them two weeks and don't need replacing so already better than the CS6's!
Ps Honda never picked up on the larger tyre during the service, nor were pressures changed (as far as I can see) to adapt to 245 as opposed to 235s.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
By sparkysp
Nathan2811 wrote:Would recommend Goodyear for grip so far so good both wet and dry.
In terms of wear I've had them two weeks and don't need replacing so already better than the CS6's!
Ps Honda never picked up on the larger tyre during the service, nor were pressures changed (as far as I can see) to adapt to 245 as opposed to 235s.

would be interested to see what pressures you used having 245s
By xenergie
Feedback on Godyear's AS3 would be nice. Soon I'll have to get new boots and the best options where I live seems to be the AS3 or the Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2...
By Nathan2811
I would recommend the AS3s, haven't really heard of anyone on the Dunlop sport Maxx on here

By xenergie
Nathan2811 wrote:I would recommend the AS3s, haven't really heard of anyone on the Dunlop sport Maxx on here

Yeah, i'll probably get the AS3s. I have no idea how long they will last but from what I've read they surely are better than the "Contis".
By dweezle
I'm on 8k with the asy 3's nearly triple what I got out of the contis
By DA Simmo
Just put some new conti's on the FK2. Sport Contact 6's 235/35/19 91Y fit is much better than OEM's sit nice on the rims and not stretched?
By sparkysp
DA Simmo wrote:Just put some new conti's on the FK2. Sport Contact 6's 235/35/19 91Y fit is much better than OEM's sit nice on the rims and not stretched?
is that a typo as thats the standard size
By DA Simmo
No not a typo Conti must of changed something these fit much better on the rims
By Dragonfall
Conti did change the design from the ones originally fitted to my car in August 2105.
I emailed the UK Technical department but didn't know what the changes were.

Has anyone being unfortunate to suffer a blowout with tyres other than the Conti's fitted? I know one guy had a blowout at near 3 figures with the Conti's fitted, and they did as they are as reinforced and strong as they claim and he brought the car to a stop safely and without any issues.

I'm going to need my 4th set on the front in another 1000 miles or so (at 23k miles) and torn whether to stick with the Conti's which are soft but bloody good or go for the Michelins.
By LargeyR
I am running Asy3's same as Dweezle. Can't fault them at all. Great grip and lasting 3 times longer so far with loads of tread left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By sparkysp
well i bit the bullet and ordered 2 x 245/35/r19 mich pilot sport 4s from black circle £386 all in which i thought wasnt bad getting them fitted 4th may so pictures to follow and i got 7k on the contis so thats about average i believe
By sparkysp
well all fitted and they look amazing (see photo)

245/35/R19 XL i now have proper rim protection time to get the alloys tidied up due to kerbing them a few times
does anyone know where i can them repaired one place wanted £100 a wheel which anit bad but couldnt replace the red rim trim paint which does make the alloy

can someone please tell me how to add photos im totally stuck here even with a image of only 33.4kb its coming up with (Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.)
By sparkysp
its early day for me too !!
But so far cant complain how much did you pay bazza at £386 for my 2 fronts im sooooo tempted to get another 2 next month and have the whole car on 245s at least the alloys might have a rest
plus the fact from all the stuff ive read these replace the pilot super sport which was a cracking tyre

anyone after some rear part worn 235/35/r19 xl conti sp6 only done 7800 miles ??? might give me the final push to sort them im abit anal on tyres and i like all 4 the same abit like dragonfall
i have 3 actually 1 brand new one never been on the road and 2 used ones
I actually from new bought a complete new alloy and tyre from honda due to the last 2 tmes i had a puncture it ripped the sidewall out and no bottle of glue and a compressor are going to fix that and 2am on a cold M42 on the hard shoulder is a scary place to be waiting for the RAC

stu ...
By bazza.
I payed around £850 for them from Honda so sounds like a good deal you have there chap
By sparkysp
bazza. wrote:I payed around £850 for them from Honda so sounds like a good deal you have there chap
jesus christ did you walk in with the Golden Labrador and money falling out your pocket

black circle did them for me fitted at a local ATS garage hence why im thinking of 2 more next month

£850 sounds a hell of a lot unless you had all 4 done ???
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]