The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Want an honest evalution from our resident CTRO salesmen on your CTR or related good? Ask in here. Usual answer will be followed by an "i call dibs".
By CragEP3
Hi people. I've joined in the hope of finding a potential buyer for my civic type R. It has full Honda service history, has just passed an MOT (first time, no advisories) and has only covered 69k miles. Has full leather interior, air con, front fogs, rear park sensors, full size type R spare.

It's in nighthawk black and the bodywork and paint are in great condition, only one small rust spot on the near side rear arch. It's totally standard and untuned. I've owned the car for 8 years but unfortunately it is CAT D. Was struck in a multi storey car park whilst stationary. I've never had an issue with the car in 8 years of ownership, it's just simply time for me to move on.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this and I appreciate any input you may be able to give. I understand this isn't a classifieds section but the car is up for sale and I am open to offers. Apologies if this isn't the done thing, if so then please delete it on my behalf, thanks.

Craig
By Stamford78
That's close to an advert for sale to be honest.
Difficult to say not knowing the standard of repair the car had.
I would have a punt and say around the 3-3.5k mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By CragEP3
Thanks for the reply and yes it does look a little advert like. My apologies as I was just looking for some input, although I'm listening to offers as well!

The car was repaired to a good standard from the RAC inspection I had prior to buying it. Happened before I bought it but the RAC inspector used to work in body repairs which was handy. He was happy with the work and I've not had an issue in 8 years of ownership, but I understand people being put off by it. The car's advertised for £2500 which I think is too low if anything. It's a shame there's so many high mileage Ines around at the moment dragging the market down.

I appreciate your estimate thanks for that. Gives me some peace of mind knowing that I'm asking a more than fair price, just a shame to see it drop so low. Really thought these would hold money well and they will probably go up again in the future, unfortunately I need the sale though.

Thanks again mate.
By Stamford78
CragEP3 wrote:Thanks for the reply and yes it does look a little advert like. My apologies as I was just looking for some input, although I'm listening to offers as well!

The car was repaired to a good standard from the RAC inspection I had prior to buying it. Happened before I bought it but the RAC inspector used to work in body repairs which was handy. He was happy with the work and I've not had an issue in 8 years of ownership, but I understand people being put off by it. The car's advertised for £2500 which I think is too low if anything. It's a shame there's so many high mileage Ines around at the moment dragging the market down.

I appreciate your estimate thanks for that. Gives me some peace of mind knowing that I'm asking a more than fair price, just a shame to see it drop so low. Really thought these would hold money well and they will probably go up again in the future, unfortunately I need the sale though.

Thanks again mate.
The value of the Ep3 really has hit rock bottom, there are just so many of them out there.
2.5k with that mileage is a lot of car for the money.
Good luck though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By CragEP3
fiona81 wrote:Where do you have it advertised as I am looking currently

Thanks
Hi sorry for the delay I've been working like a dog recently!

Sorry to say but I've decided to keep the car and use it alongside my new one. I wanted a 2nd car in a year or so anyway, and the prices that EP3's have dropped to kind of made the decision for me. I'll be sure to post it on here when I do look to sell again.

Thanks for the interest and I hope that you find yourself a good one, take your time and I'm sure you will, it's a buyers market for them currently.

Added in 6 minutes 52 seconds:
Stamford78 wrote:
The value of the Ep3 really has hit rock bottom, there are just so many of them out there.
Good luck though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

It really has it's shocking, I would've been sad to see the car go anyway but at current prices I might well have cried! Thanks for the comment though, just confirms what I knew was too much car for too little money, even now it doesn't look it's age.

Take care mate.

Added in 21 seconds:
Stamford78 wrote:
Good luck though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

It really has it's shocking, I would've been sad to see the car go anyway but at current prices I might well have cried! Thanks for the comment though, just confirms what I knew was too much car for too little money, even now it doesn't look it's age.

Take care mate.
By fiona81
CragEP3 wrote:
fiona81 wrote:Where do you have it advertised as I am looking currently

Thanks
Hi sorry for the delay I've been working like a dog recently!

Sorry to say but I've decided to keep the car and use it alongside my new one. I wanted a 2nd car in a year or so anyway, and the prices that EP3's have dropped to kind of made the decision for me. I'll be sure to post it on here when I do look to sell again.

Thanks for the interest and I hope that you find yourself a good one, take your time and I'm sure you will, it's a buyers market for them currently.

Thanks, fingers crossed I am going to look at one on Saturday and hopefully its the one! ha good choice too keep it. Enjoy
:-D

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]