The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

We all move on at some point, get some help from our members on what to buy next. Usually a monster V8 or second hand Lambo will suffice but usually the three letters M P S will be muttered......standard!
By ImportR
Well the day has come for me to PX my beloved EP3. It's been a fantastic & fun car which 'out of the box' has been every bit the hot hatch that I'd expect.
Unfortunately, none of the current new Honda line up appeals to me - despite several calls from the local Honda dealer asking me to have a look.

The next motor was to be 5dr (family), refined, quick and tuneable to 300plus, yet still reliable. I also wanted it to be low miles and no older than 2007. Budget up to £11k incl PX.

I had a shortlist down to Golf GTI Edition 30 and Focus ST3. But I happened to chance upon a locally owned & sold by main dealer Mazda3 MPS Aero (2008) for £10k.
Dynamically its probably not as good as the others or the EP3, but I just wanted a comfy car with pace. This is 1 owner, FSH and 13k miles! Every gadget bar satnav. Has Bose, cruise, auto lights/wipers, ESP, EBD, 1/2 leather and LSD to name a few. The thing is a minter and is freekin rapid! Tons of torque, hardly any lag.

Yes I know it's boring to look at, but I actually wanted something more Sheep than Wolf. Can't be ar5ed with vents & spoilers anymore. Been there, done that and bought the insurance.

So that's it! Missing my modded EP already but I can genuinely say that it has been one of the best cars I've had all round!!
By Stevo M81
Good luck with the car hunt and then after a year or 2 you will want VTEC again :lol:
By Stevo M81
Mr Anderson wrote:It's a shame Honda don't Turbo, I would have stayed aswell.
You never know Neo, maybe the next one will go down the route of power hmm :wink:
By danneth
ImportR wrote:Well the day has come for me to PX my beloved EP3. It's been a fantastic & fun car which 'out of the box' has been every bit the hot hatch that I'd expect.
Unfortunately, none of the current new Honda line up appeals to me - despite several calls from the local Honda dealer asking me to have a look.

The next motor was to be 5dr (family), refined, quick and tuneable to 300plus, yet still reliable. I also wanted it to be low miles and no older than 2007. Budget up to £11k incl PX.

I had a shortlist down to Golf GTI Edition 30 and Focus ST3. But I happened to chance upon a locally owned & sold by main dealer Mazda3 MPS Aero (2008) for £10k.
Dynamically its probably not as good as the others or the EP3, but I just wanted a comfy car with pace. This is 1 owner, FSH and 13k miles! Every gadget bar satnav. Has Bose, cruise, auto lights/wipers, ESP, EBD, 1/2 leather and LSD to name a few. The thing is a minter and is freekin rapid! Tons of torque, hardly any lag.

Yes I know it's boring to look at, but I actually wanted something more Sheep than Wolf. Can't be ar5ed with vents & spoilers anymore. Been there, done that and bought the insurance.

So that's it! Missing my modded EP already but I can genuinely say that it has been one of the best cars I've had all round!!
Sounds exactly like me before i got mine. :lol:
By Mr Anderson
Stevo M81 wrote:
You never know Neo, maybe the next one will go down the route of power hmm :wink:
True, but would the engine have the renowned reliability? Maybe a few years down the line.
By Stevo M81
Mr Anderson wrote:
Stevo M81 wrote:
True, but would the engine have the renowned reliability? Maybe a few years down the line.
Its Honda, of course is the answer :wink: :lol:
By J
Mr Anderson wrote:
Stevo M81 wrote:
I think they have been testing one for years to check it reliability. That's why its taking so long to come out. :lol:
By Stevo M81
J wrote:
Mr Anderson wrote:
Stevo M81 wrote:
I think they have been testing one for years to check it reliability. That's why its taking so long to come out. :lol:
It sounds like honda :lol:
By scot
I can't believe a member of CTRO went out and bought a car with the assurances of people he's never met. What is this sorcery...
By Mr Anderson
scot wrote:I can't believe a member of CTRO went out and bought a car with the assurances of people he's never met. What is this sorcery...
The CTRO stamp of approval > everything else.
By Ali
Bugger that. I want a 3.0 V6 Type R with 4wd and 300bhp. NA is far better than turbo.
By Ali
J wrote:
Honda have been using turbos for years, mainly in their microcars in Japan. More recently in the US Acuras. It's coming. And it'll be a sad day when it does.
By Mr Anderson
Ali wrote:
Bugger that. I want a 3.0 V6 Type R with 4wd and 300bhp. NA is far better than turbo.
That too, just something that feels fast. Although if the UK couldn't have the Jap K20 due to emissions, then a v6 has no chance.
By EvoStu
Mr Anderson wrote:
Ali wrote:
That too, just something that feels fast. Although if the UK couldn't have the Jap K20 due to emissions, then a v6 has no chance.
Very true, my Dads Legend kills animals in the North Pole with its emissions just by starting it up. :lol:
By EvoStu
Jules86 wrote:Please god no, not an MPS! Get the ED30, its everything the MPS wishes it could be.
Pretty much this. Except for the lack of a mechanical diff on the vw.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]