The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The place for all those routine questions about routine servicing.
Hi everyone,
I've been asked to go on a track day with work at Bedford in November, and after recent incidents with my car I haven't had the chance to get the timing chain and tensioner replaced and I am now back to uni using the car for commuting so can't really be without it.

So the car has full service history but at 100k miles will it be ok to do a track day with? I am quite paranoid about taking it on a track day as it is due to be checked/replaced and don't want it to cause any damage.

Thanks
Adam
Cheers guys, put my mind at rest.

My front brakes are due a change anyway so I'm going to be getting some grooved discs from Godspeed and probably either DS2500 or CL RC5's :) Brake fluid has not long been changed and oil is all good but have 6 litres spare as top up if needed :)
It would have to be a horror story for the chain to go; it could go whilst stalling it reversing on the drive or it could go at 8k rpm flat out in 6th... No one knows! I've been to the Ring and back and give mine some stick every time I go out in it and it's on 103k and runs spot on. I do plan on doing the chain but for now it'll be fine I'm sure :cool:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]