The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

By Jon C
Hi, Here comes a description of how to remove the door cards of our cars !
Read and follow step by step then everything will work without damaging the
door card, Good Luck everybody !

A: Behind the "handle" here you will find a small hole in which you put a small screwdriver or something else and push inwards, this will result in the "silver" part of your handle will pop out. Behind this you will find a couple of screws....it is only the top one you need to loosen.

B: At the point of the arrow you can very carefully pry open this whole panel with a flatface screwdriver, behind this you will also find a number of screws....only loosen the one at the far left. Now the door is free from the screwing part....;-)

C: Where the C-arrow points you will find an opening in the plastic....this is where you use a flatface screwdriver to carefully pull outwards (towards you ) which will make the doorcard pop out piece by piece...then just follow the edge of the card around so you can feel that the card loosens totally from the door.

Now comes the tricky part, take the card and pull it upwards along the thick arrow at the top...when you feel that the card has let go from the "lockpin" you carefully pull it away from the a-pillar, this will loosen the card even more from the door. Now the only thing left to do is disconnect the card from the door ( the electricwindows and the "dooropener" ) by pulling easily at the connections.

Now you should have your doorcard in your hand, hopefully !
By KingKitega
Apologies for my ignorance but what is the 'doorcard'?? :oops:
By Jon C
The whole door panel. Great "how to", my silver handle insert is scratched on the passenger side. Tried what the "how to" said and "hey presto" off it popped. Off to the Honda dealer tomorrow to get a new one. (Can't be arsed to spray it)
By Tony_Solo
Top Top Post... :)
By paul
most helpfull jon :wink:
whos tried it ?

removing the card :roll:
By Jontis
My guess is Lunatic77...
By Jon C
Yeah it was him who posted the info to me. 8)
By paul
i know it was lunatic whos done it

but i asked who else has done it? :lol:
By type r daddy
ive had the doors dynamated to eliminate noise from the road and for extra HIFI sound. now have good SPL in the car. when i turn the music up the front window vibrates like mad!!! hope it dont crack!!!hahaha
By Lunatic77
I hope it helps you !! :D
By Jontis
Good one luna!

Will hopefully get speakers at the end of the month...
I'll give you a call if i don't make it. :wink:
By Lunatic77
No probs ! :wink:
By Jon C
Got a price for the silver handle inserts today. £2.32 + VAT each. Ch-ching. 8)
By Type-Robbo
Excellent piece Jon, 2 things though.

Can someone explain more how the door opener wire comes off? There is a very delicate clip that I couldn't figure how to disconnect? Also where is best place to disconnect leggy window wire.

And how to remove the speaker itself, there are no visable screws on the front.

I only ask because I like to lick cows udders and other weekend I got as far as removing panel and had to stop there.

Cheers!
By Jon C
Lunatic.... can you answer this? :wink:
By Tony_Solo
Jon, shame they don't do metal door handles :(
By Jon C
I'm going push the boat out and order one for each side as the drivers side is starting to wear. Might respray the old ones as spares.
By Tony_Solo
Respray them red !
By Sai
Excellent piece Jon, 2 things though.

Can someone explain more how the door opener wire comes off? There is a very delicate clip that I couldn't figure how to disconnect? Also where is best place to disconnect leggy window wire.

And how to remove the speaker itself, there are no visable screws on the front.

I only ask because I like to lick cows udders and other weekend I got as far as removing panel and had to stop there.

Cheers!
Any comments on the above problem? Lunatic or Ricky?

I'm going try dissecting the doors this afternoon and see what challenge I can find ... while at it I'll prolly wack a few sheets of dynamat in the door if I get that far. But the comment about the elecky window wires would be nice if someone can help :)
By Type-Robbo
Yep still waiting on this boys!

The wire is more worrying, because if you bugger it, you'll be stuck!

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]