The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

By Alihandro
FlexrRay wrote:T85 & T86 is used to pull the relay...

Allowing voltage/current to flow from T30 to T87....?

Correct me if im wrong
Wrong

all you are doing is useing the power from the cigy lighter to energise the relay

the so called 27 amp line is across the rely contacts not the energising circuit

dont forget this is a push button all the button does is energise the relay makes a circuit

on the relay the contacts do the heavy work

could have been a better pic but you should get the jist from it
By FlexrRay
http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/hweb2.pdf

Page 9

85 & 86 used to energise relay, allowing flow from 30 to 87

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.bcae1.com/relays.htm

Internal Workings of Bosch relay:
The following diagram shows what those external terminals are connected to on the inside of the relay. When there is no difference of potential (voltage) across terminals 85 and 86 (the coil), the relay's movable contact (connected to terminal 30) is held, by spring tension, against the electrical contact which is connected to terminal 87a (the normally closed contact). In other words, when no voltage is applied the the relay coil, terminal 87a is connected to terminal 30. When 12 volts is applied to the relay coil (terminals 85 and 86), the movable contact (connected to terminal 30) is pulled down/in by the electromagnet (coil) so that it physically contacts the electrical contact which is connected to terminal 87. Again, in other words, if battery voltage is applied to the relay coil (terminals 85 and 86) terminal 30 will be connected to terminal 87. The red dashed line shows the path in which electrical current flows from/through terminal 30 to the contact of terminal 87a when the relay coil is NOT energized.

Regardless of this all I'm saying is 85, 86 can be used from existing cigarette lighter wiring BUT 30 should come from ignition live off barrel, and 87 should go to starter wire, both thicker "27 amp" wire...
By Alihandro
FlexrRay wrote:http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/hweb2.pdf

Page 9

85 & 86 used to energise relay, allowing flow from 30 to 87

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.bcae1.com/relays.htm

Internal Workings of Bosch relay:
The following diagram shows what those external terminals are connected to on the inside of the relay. When there is no difference of potential (voltage) across terminals 85 and 86 (the coil), the relay's movable contact (connected to terminal 30) is held, by spring tension, against the electrical contact which is connected to terminal 87a (the normally closed contact). In other words, when no voltage is applied the the relay coil, terminal 87a is connected to terminal 30. When 12 volts is applied to the relay coil (terminals 85 and 86), the movable contact (connected to terminal 30) is pulled down/in by the electromagnet (coil) so that it physically contacts the electrical contact which is connected to terminal 87. Again, in other words, if battery voltage is applied to the relay coil (terminals 85 and 86) terminal 30 will be connected to terminal 87. The red dashed line shows the path in which electrical current flows from/through terminal 30 to the contact of terminal 87a when the relay coil is NOT energized.

Regardless of this all I'm saying is 85, 86 can be used from existing cigarette lighter wiring BUT 30 should come from ignition live off barrel, and 87 should go to starter wire, both thicker "27 amp" wire...
As per the simple picture Now you quote the bosch relay
By Chris-141
Going to move my hazard light switch to where the sitcom button would be, how would I wire the start button if I'm still keeping cig lighter and hazard light switches
By KPowell911
Hi, looking at doing this. Im going to use a second hand GENUINE S2000 Starter Button. It comes with the plug and 3 wires. Am I right in thinking a relay isnt needed? I just simple take the power for the Pos/Neg from the Ciggie lighter, and tap the 3rd wire into the black/white ignition wire on the brown block and mount?

Thanks
By Krooza!
KPowell911 wrote:Hi, looking at doing this. Im going to use a second hand GENUINE S2000 Starter Button. It comes with the plug and 3 wires. Am I right in thinking a relay isnt needed? I just simple take the power for the Pos/Neg from the Ciggie lighter, and tap the 3rd wire into the black/white ignition wire on the brown block and mount?

Thanks
Thinking do doing this but need to know which wires connect to which. I am no good at stuff like this!
By gray-efc
can anyone tell me if im using the cigarette lighter wire to power the button will the lighter socket still work to power my phone etc? Am i just splicing into the cigarette lighter wire or do i need to remove it from the connection for the cigarette lighter?

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]