The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Anything sound related, got any tips, post 'em here.
SatNav Disc Error on EP3 (v2.01) APN2-22106.
Hi All, I have the following issue on my in-car SatNav radio.
It keeps displaying Disc Error when the car is turned on.
The current disc is v2.01. I've tried Forced Downloading within the sub-menu section along with cleaning the unit head with a proper DVD disc cleaner.

Still no luck.
Any suggestions would be appriciated.

ps - Been to Honda Dealer (Springfield) and got quoted £70 just for them to take a look at it.
I thought they would know what a SatNav unit looked like especially if Honda installed it from the factory. lol.

Anyway, i've heard that if a v2.11 (latest) disc was used, then that might cure the problem...what do you guys think?

tommyguns01 ;)
evanson16 wrote:Hi mate, have u managed to get this issue sorted? I have the same problem and just want to finally be able to use the head unit to its full extent :)
Hi,

The issue with the 'Double Din' Head Unit is that the laser/motor is knackered that's why its not reading the DVD disc, hence Disc Error.
I've found a company on eBay that repairs the Head Unit at £125 (All parts and labour included) plus return postage.

You only have to remove the Head Unit carefully and send the Head Unit to this firm with payment via PayPal.
You can find how to simply remove the Head Unit by searching on YouTube etc.
The work will be done with a guarantee warranty.

If you go on eBay and search for the following item number then you can read up on what I'll be doing on my unit:

eBay Item Number: 121052002702

I've spent alot of time searching for alternatives and believe this option is best for me.

I've looked at alternative Double Din Units but none has taken my fancy.
A new Double Din Head Unit from Honda will easily cost well over £1,500+

regards, tommyguns01
Futher to my oringinal post, I've been looking at the following Double Din head units too as an option:

PIONEER AVIC-F920BT

Sony XAV601BT

As for price on both units, it's between £200-300+ depending where you shop for it.

When you compare having the original Honda head unit repaired at £125 and then compare it to buying a new unit, it's a hard decision.
OK Folks.!

Still looking for a Double Din unit for my Honda Civic (2004).
Looking at this one: 08A40-2R6-400 08A40-2R6-4000-01 that's from a Honda Jazz.

Just wondering if this would fit in direct replacment that would replace my existing OEM unit.

cheers, tommy
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]